First Pull With New Truck

BottleFed

Well finally got the new truck out on the track and i couldnt be happier if the rest of the season goes like the first pull i will be one happy cat and even have a little coin in my pockets! Here is a video it was good enough for first place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oweuae6cpcs

Nice hook, wish Joe still had it out here but at least it went to a good home.

F*** YEAH! Way to stay in it too!! Just keep draggin' it!:rockwoot:

I'd have to say your suspension additions/upgrades worked very well. :Cheer: It seemed much more stable and putting the traction down where it needed it. Very well done on the truck and the hooks! What RPMs did you get out of that run?

Here's to your next run!:Cheer::rockwoot:

Joe

Nice hook, wish Joe still had it out here but at least it went to a good home.

Don't worry Cole, I'm thinkin' next year i'll be back pullin' work stock with the '06, just gotta get my use out of this factory DMF clutch then it's time for SBC DD! :hehe:

Joe

It held 4400 right up to the 300 foot mark then it bogged down a bit but i wasnt really looking i was trying to make the turn at the end of the track lol. I was really worried about the turbo staying lit at this elevation but seems i wont have any problems. Out pulled a couple guys with a hell of a lot more horsies under the hood than i have! Sure makes a guy feel better about the time and money he puts into a truck. Gotta thank Joe also its not hard to tell he put a lot of heart and soul into this truck before i got my hands on it.

Thanks Nick! But i must say you put the final touches on it suspension-wise, that thing really hooked and it showed with the distance. Now you just gotta play with tire pressures to get it perfect & you'll be very hard to beat !:) :pop:

Yeah its going to take some learning on the tire pressure's. I bought four STS's for the rear but havent put them on yet. Not to sure that i want to now lol its a tuff call. I ran 60 in the rear and 22 up front seemed like it worked well?

Try putting 18psi up front, that should net you some more traction up there......

Joe

.......and get those STS's on the rear ASAP! Good call on the rear pressures though, you could even raise that to 65 psi, which is the limit on those tires I believe or even go to 70. I have seen guys here do great going 5-10 psi higher than the tire's rated max pressure. Not sure what the max is on the STS's you purchased but hopefully they are higher than the 44 psi rated fronts on there now. :)

Joe

What tires do you have on the rear now?

I ran 4 BFG's at 55-60 last year and they would not hook up, dropped them to 35 in the rear and it helped a lot on good tracks, on loose tracks its still a crap shoot.

Those are BFG's also. They didnt seem to do to bad. A friend of mine ran all six STS's and finished second. The track was very hard but as you can see also very dry. I ran the water truck from about ten in the morning righ up till we pulled and you cant even tell. The soil out there just sucks the water right up. I am going to try to find another set of rims so i can take bolth tires the STS's are only rated for 44psi so i dont think i would wanna go over 60psi max in them. A few of the tracks we pull on up here are retarded sticky i think the BFG's would work a little better on those tracks being i can air them up more. Could be wrong just my thinking though.

D*mn, someone taking a page out of Scott's book pulling it around the corner. Lol The truck looked great. That was a great pull.

Hey thanks for the good comments guys! Like Joe said a little fine tuning and hopefully she will run with the big boys.