first time using a t/c lockup on the track

Suicide diesel

so i have used a lock up in the past just never used it on the track my question is how to use it i now have a built trans that will hold it but my question is do i lock it after i do my burnout and will it lock once i hit 2nd gear or how do i need to do it after i launch? any help will help alot cause im heading to the track tonight
the truck im running is a 99 cummins with a smarty and ts pm3 stack a 63/68 turbo 6x18 injectors with a industrial hot rod vp and the trans has a billet flex a billet input and a full suncoast omega 3 race kit

I lock my truck up at full throttle. Its never liked 2nd gear its always snuffed the charger. Bit i know alot of people lock in second.

Depends all on who setup your valvebody.. My truck i do a burnout and then when i pull up to the lights to stage i flip my switch (but it will not lock until i shift to 2nd gear).. Meaning my 1st gear lockup has been eliminated.. Most however are not setup this way and will lock up in 1st! Easiest way to tell is to put the truck in drive with your foot on brake at idle and flip your switch, if it kills the truck then you have 1st gear lockup if it doesn't then more than likely yours only engages once your in 2nd.
On a truck that has 1st gear lockup we would always stage and launch and as soon as the truck hit 2nd flip on lockup.

Hope this helps

just ran it and it doesnt have 1st gear lock up but it doesnt like to shift into 3rd and it has the trans go shift kit that comes with the suncoast omega 3 kit

I like 2nd lockup. When I'm at the line my shifter is in manual 2 with lockup switch on. I manually shift to D for 3rd, then hit switch for OD.

I like 2nd lockup. When I'm at the line my shifter is in manual 2 with lockup switch on. I manually shift to D for 3rd, then hit switch for OD.

What kind of can do you have in your truck on your profile? Kind of wanting mine to run about 12.0 and just wondering. Thanks