Fittings for fuel system

fearthedeere6.7

What fitting do i need to hook into the pump. Also what do i do with the return line. Im doing a remote filter and lift pump. I have everything but the fittings, and draw straw.

The stock ports are M14x1.5 The front port is M18x1.5 if you remove the plug. Without modifying the head a banjo bolt fits best in the OFV port.

What do you want to know about the return?

What fitting do i need to hook into the pump. Also what do i do with the return line. Im doing a remote filter and lift pump. I have everything but the fittings, and draw straw.

Vulcan compound turbo components, AirDog Systems, FireBall injectors, DrawStraw™, Big Line Kits, VP silicone boot kits, gauge installation components, metric adapters & fittings, FASS, Quadzilla, Edge,AirDog, DTT Trans, ISSPRO, HTT Turbo, AFE, Veg pumps,  brackets, harnesses, AFE, Diamond Eye, Parker fuel line, South Bend, installation, pop testing, o-ringing.
Glacier Diesel Power

I ordered the Fuel pressure port 90* from Vulcan when I did my Raptor on my 99. Bascially you can get anything you need from those two. ;)

The stock ports are M14x1.5 The front port is M18x1.5 if you remove the plug. Without modifying the head a banjo bolt fits best in the OFV port.

What do you want to know about the return?

Im going to do away with the stock fuel filter. Should i just run it back to the draw straw or tee it back in to the mainline with a check valve.

Are you talking about the injector return or the return from the P-pump?

You should be fine to return both through the stock lines to the tank unless you are going to be flowing to much through the pump than they can handle.

well i want to remove the stock filter housing and lift pump from the motor, I dont know how to get the fuel back to the tank.

I just ran a new line back to my tank and in the engine bay I teed the injector return and the inj. pump return together.

exactly what i did

i ran my injector return into my regulator to tank return line, AFTER the regulator.

and since your getting rid of the stock setup... if u get rid of the fuel heater/prefilter you an use that wiring and plug to power your fuel pump.... if the key is @ "run" there is 12v going to the fuel heater... if your plug isn't burnt up like mine was you can keep it and use it... i just cut the plug off, pulled the wire loom off and pulled the red wire out of the main harness as far back as i could then ran it down the firewall and along the frame, solder'd an inline fuse holder and a bit more wire on back to my pump.:evil$.02

Last edited:
exactly what i did

i ran my injector return into my regulator to tank return line, AFTER the regulator.

and since your getting rid of the stock setup... if u get rid of the fuel heater/prefilter you an use that wiring and plug to power your fuel pump.... if the key is @ "run" there is 12v going to the fuel heater... if your plug isn't burnt up like mine was you can keep it and use it... i just cut the plug off, pulled the wire loom off and pulled the red wire out of the main harness as far back as i could then ran it down the firewall and along the frame, solder'd an inline fuse holder and a bit more wire on back to my pump.:evil$.02

Should i regulate my Return? I wasnt planing on it.

Should i regulate my Return? I wasnt planing on it.

The OFV can only flow so much. It will try to regulate it but it has limits. If the pump you are using doesn't have a built in regulator (FASS and ADs do) you may want to look into a way to control pressures.

If the pump only flows 60gph or less the OFV (especially a stock one with the large port) should be sufficient.

i love my setup, finally got my truck running lastnight after a week an a half long parts fiasco.

i need a timing bump, and a bigger turbo

truck seems to run alot nicer... and pulls hard all the way through the powerband... doesn't taper off above 2000rpm quite as bad as before

i love my setup, finally got my truck running lastnight after a week an a half long parts fiasco.

i need a timing bump, and a bigger turbo

truck seems to run alot nicer... and pulls hard all the way through the powerband... doesn't taper off above 2000rpm quite as bad as before

what kind of regulator are you running. Im just goin to run a holley pump, i think its 14psi and 120 gph.

Mines been down for over 2 months, one of the fingers in my clutch broke a pin and wouldnt disengage, so while the trannys out i figure i may as well rig up a fuel system instead of fighting with it when the tranny goes back in.

Back