Flex-a-lite for CR

oil-burner

Flex-a-lite has a direct fit fan for the 03-08 CR, part # 264. no $ yet

scot

I've heard that installing one gives up 25 to 30hp and up to 2 mpg incresse, is this true?

I doubt it, ask Imelmo about his flex a lite experience, he wasnt too happy

A lot depends on how you use your truck. When the fan clutch is not engaged, there is very little parasitic hp loss. When they are engaged you're working it hard and it's getting warm and needs the extra air flow. That said I'm running a single 12" and the only time I even turn it on is when I'm going to be sitting still or barely moving for an extended period of time. If you tow much keep the stocker.

fans

i got a price of 490 plus shipping and they said if got enough together they would be a better price. so the few guys that i know are going to see what we can get together.

I just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has any more feedback in regards to this fan. Thanks, love the site. Neil

I put one in my 03 and love it. A/C works better around town and truck never gets over 200. I havn't tried to tow heavy with it but for my truck it is great.

Joe

I have the Ford version in my Cummins conversion truck...other than one controller going bad it cools flawlessly.
I never liked how they had the controller mounted to the shroud so I made a bracket and moved it out away from as much heat a possible and have had no more issues.

FWIW, you can use a 1985-1993 Ford Taurus electric fan. One 15" fan does 4500cfm. You can get 2 of them to fit on our radiators (at least a 2nd gen).

The Lincoln Mark viii? fans do 5500cfm but they are either 17" or 18".

I know this is a very popular mod for high HP gassers.

You can also get BRAND NEW taurus fans for under $100 each, and summit sells a dual fan wiring kit with termostat. For under $300 you can have double the airflow of the Flexalite.

i like the hell outta mine! nice cold a/c while sitting in traffic.. no more hot engine temps... but i too havent pulled anything yet with them.. but other than that, they are nice!

I pull heavier than most people can fathom with mine, never over 195*, and great AC performance sitting still. And the looks under the hood don't hurt my feelings at all.

Back