Flowmaster exhaust system...

derekmod99

Hey guys just signed up and decided to make my first post. I have a 03 2500 with a Quadzilla chip, Water/Meth Injection, Intake and Exhaust.
I have a quick question to see if any of you have seen or heard of anyone using flowmaster products on their truck. I know they have thier kit on the website but I am thinking more on the custom side. I was looking to build a system using a 5 inch race flowmaster... I was just looking for a different sound then most trucks.
Let me know what you think..

I heard the flowmaster deal has a awful drone to it, although that was heresay, I've never personally heard a flowmaster kit on a diesel, But I know a few that had it then changed them out for something different....

just my .02 cents

But you can also check in with Josh @ www.grpipes.com Grand Rock is a site Vendor here and has supplied many kits out there, I'll be posting an install thread soon using Grand Rocks kit on my duallie.

Welcome to CompD!

Last edited:
Thanks Duallie for the kind words. Our GM kits are good, we've had a lot of guys say they enjoy the kit, and the sound. If you're interested, I'll give you some numbers to distributors, or you can call me with any questions. Either way is fine by me.

Hey thanks guys...
I was curious about the drone, for kicks and giggles we put a 3 inch 2 chamber on my brother dodge... it was deep sounding until he hit boost then it sounded like a pissed off blow dryer or a air gun threw a straw! Does anyone know if Flowmaster has cfm flow charts for their mufflers?

derekmod99,

You don't want a chambered muffler on a diesel, it will make back pressure (the reason to get a system is to reduce back pressure) and as you mentioned it'll sound goofy too! Lots of the less known and rebranded system use what looks like a straight thru muffler, but they can have chambers and or no packing material and then they also make back pressure. What you want is a straight thru muffler either louvered or perforated and packed with a ceramic blanket and a stainless steel wool material. It won't blow out, gets you a straight thru design and sounds good too!!

All of the MBRP and AFE systems we stock are built this way, if you have any questions on them let me know.

Mark @ DPPI

Hey Derek,
Are you goin with us to the drag strip on the 12 Nov? Nmtdr was wonderin.

Back