flowmaster outlaw

white07psd

has anyone ever installed a flowmaster outlaw muffler to their psd? i am thinking about trying one out. here is the link Outlaw Round Case 3.50" C/C [15435] : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

its made for gassers but would it work on my psd?

white07psd said:
whats the difference? its going on my stock exhaust.

FWIW:
Mark Craig said:
You don't want a chambered muffler on a diesel, it will make back pressure (the reason to get a system is to reduce back pressure) and as you mentioned it'll sound goofy too! Lots of the less known and rebranded system use what looks like a straight thru muffler, but they can have chambers and or no packing material and then they also make back pressure. What you want is a straight thru muffler either louvered or perforated and packed with a ceramic blanket and a stainless steel wool material. It won't blow out, gets you a straight thru design and sounds good too!!

All of the MBRP and AFE systems we stock are built this way, if you have any questions on them let me know.

Mark @ DPPI
[/QUOTE]

take a look at the outlaw muffler. its a straight through muffler. i think im gonna experiment and take out my cat and stock muffler and replace with a delete pipe then im gonna hack up the delete pipes and put it in the middle.

will do. if it doesnt work good, i'll scrap it and just run the muffler and cat delete.

I Installed a 4" outlaw on a 03 6.0L, on a diesel they arn`t not worth the money, It did nothing to quiet down the exhaust, sounded the same as straight pipe.
HTH