Fluidamper pin jig

sniperonhigh

12v Rookie
Anybody got a jig to put the extra pins in a fluidamper? Thinking of buying one for my 12v, just wondering if I need to pin it also. Any sponsors feel free to pm me a price also, thanks.

There was a thread on here about the Fluiddamper. If I remember right you will only need the pins if you are sledpulling or spinning the motor over 4000rpm.

sniperonhigh said:
Anybody got a jig to put the extra pins in a fluidamper? Thinking of buying one for my 12v, just wondering if I need to pin it also. Any sponsors feel free to pm me a price also, thanks.

Get blown 5.9 just did his, shoot him a pm

what was the general consensus? i installed one but i do not see how a 3/8 rod can be stronger than 4 half inch bolts.

The issue is for the 4 .5" bolts to get started there has to be some clearance. So no matter how tight you tighten the bolts the fluiddampner will try to vibrate itself loose behind the bolts. If it came with new bolts that had a taper or cone that would press down inside the 4 bolt hose I think you could get away without using the pin, or a malleable washer that could distort to fill the void between the bolts and bolt holes. The roll pin is driven in so it keeps the dampner from walking.