Fluidampr announces their partnership with the NHRDA for 2012 season!

NHRDA

The NHRDA is proud to announce that Fluidampr has partnered with us as a National Sponsor and that they also will be participating in our contingency program in 2012.

Fluidampr Joins Bully Dog Race Team

Springville, NY [February 13, 2012] - Fluidampr is proud to announce its sponsorship of the Bully Dog Diesel Drag Truck. The 2006 Dodge 5.9L Cummins driven by Jarid Vollmer is a 9 second performance diesel truck that produces over 1,300 hp and 1,450lb/ft of torque on nitrous. Bully Dog, an industry leading manufacturer of diesel performance products, competes in the National Hod Rod Diesel Association's (NHRDA) Pro-Street class

Constant-contact.gif

Viscous dampers past present and future

The best dampers on the market are manufactured in the U.S.A. by Horschel Motorsports, an ISO 9001:2008 certified facility. Horschel Motorsports is continuing the tradition that started in 1946, when the first viscous damper was invented. Over 4 million viscous dampers have been made for heavy duty diesel, drag car, stock car, street machine, race boat and other high performance engines. Looking into the future, Horschel Motorsports promises to manufacture the best dampers available as well as engineering new solutions for developing engine technologies.

The fluid in a Fluidampr…

It has been rumored that the fluid in a Fluidampr turns to gel over time. Here’s a news flash, its gel when we pump it into the damper. That is how the technology works. The silicone gel inside the damper keeps the flywheel in place and functioning. So to put all of the competitions claims to rest, it is a gel, always and forever. Maybe we should have named them Geldamprs.

Let’s talk about rubber

Other dampers on the market use rubber or “elastomer” as the insulator for the internal flywheel. Rubber deteriorates and wears down from repeated movements. In layman’s terms, the more you work it, the weaker it will get. The inertia ring that balances an elastomeric damper becomes unstable when the o-rings start to wear. Think of it this way, what does a car wheel feel like when it looses one of its balancing weights? How would a fan missing a blade function? A damper with worn o-rings can unbalance a crankshaft and destroy it. The reason car manufactures install elastomer dampers at the factory is not for performance but for cost. The “rubber” dampers are cheaper and easier to make.

Contact info

Fluidampr by Horschel Motorsports
180 Zoar Valley Road
Springville, NY 14141
(716) 592-1000 phone
(716) 592-1001 fax

Email: support@fluidampr.com

Are they offering special prices to members?

They are reviewing our membership rewards program and it looks like yes they are going to offer discounts to our members should know the details by next week

I have been using the same Fluidampr in my gasser race car from 1988! I have two of them I bought that year, one externally balanced and one internally balanced, and one or the other has been in use since then. About the only "issue" I ever had was one that spent a while in corrosive flood waters, it was all rusty on the surface. I wire brushed it down, painted it, and it is currently on my race car!

Back