Fluidampr Vs. ATI Superdamper

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Please post facts. Anyone cracked a pressure plate or had the flexplate bolts back out when running a Fluidampr? How about an ATI? Anyone care to note the orders of harmonic resonance for a 5.9l Cummins? How about a 6.7l Cummins? LBZ/LMM?

My flexplate to converter bolts backed out twice, and crank to flexplate bolts backed out once....Fluidampr.

The old 95 has been running one for about 25K miles now, and I can't tell any difference in clutch noise, or anything else!

Chris

My flexplate to converter bolts backed out twice, and crank to flexplate bolts backed out once....Fluidampr.

The old 95 has been running one for about 25K miles now, and I can't tell any difference in clutch noise, or anything else!

Chris

Why would the fluiddampr cause the bolts to back out if it is suppose to smooth out the vibrations and such???

Why would the fluiddampr cause the bolts to back out if it is suppose to smooth out the vibrations and such???

Supposed to...I'm not blaming the Fluidampr...did I at one point say I was?

Brandon asked a question, I answered him...it's a FACT, that my bolts backed out, and a Fluidampr was installed on my engine. It's also a FACT, that the bolts were loctited, and torqued to spec, with new bolt each time.

Chris

Never had any issues with fluidampr ran it on the orginal BBD, have one on BBD II, and one on the DD Tow rig. I have no exsperience with the ATI.

BBD

Ive done well with the lightweight version from ATI, I had them machine off the serp. belt portion of it also. Ive been in the shortblock countless times since running it and always put the same ol' bearings right back in, they look like brand new each time. Cant say that when I ran the factory dampner in the Black Truck seems many times when I was in the bottom end that I changed the bearings both rods and mains. Same set in the Altered since day one this time last year, right around 300 passes this year. Also been running ~5500 rpm in this car all year and never much past 43-4400 in the truck.
Ryan

Back