Fly cutting ???

PRINCETON_JAKE

Acouple questions about fly cutting 12valve pistons...

Who does it, if i buy my own new pistons?
Aproximetly what does it cost?
Also where can I get them coated?
What are the different types of coatings used on the tops, and skirts?
Aproximetly what does coating cost?
Is there anyone who offers new pistons already fly cut and/or coated?

Pure Diesel Power can get all that taken care of and have always been very fare on pricing and the customer service is great . Jeff at Mumau on here also can get it done and is another with top notch service .

Pure Diesel Power can get all that taken care of and have always been very fare on pricing and the customer service is great . Jeff at Mumau on here also can get it done and is another with top notch service .

X2 Great people to deal with!

When you get the pistons coated, do you just do the tops, or do you do the whole piston?

I bought my pistons from Mumau and had them shipped to Polydyn for cutting and coating. I would have used Swain as a first choice, but since Polydyn is doing the reliefs, I was assured they could do a good job on the coating as well.

RonA

I bought my pistons from Mumau and had them shipped to Polydyn for cutting and coating. I would have used Swain as a first choice, but since Polydyn is doing the reliefs, I was assured they could do a good job on the coating as well.

RonA

Do you mind me asking what the whole meal ran ya? You can PM is you like.

Do you mind me asking what the whole meal ran ya? You can PM is you like.

I don't have a bill for it yet. Don't forget to add in the additional money for torque plate rental and re-honing the block for the .002 larger pistons(teflon build up).

I thought it was higher. 25 each for cutting and 75 each for ceramic on tops and teflon on sides.

Im getting the big bowl MAHLE non inter cooled pistons from my work, having the local machine shop cut the whole top off ( dont know how much yet) then sending them for ceramic and teflon coating.

RonA

are the valve reliefs individual plung cuts?