Fontana Dragstrip Closed

If they knew their was a drag strip their when they moved their then just shut up. It's like moving into a house and then complaining about the airport in the back yard!! Just stupid!!

Well that's it... Show's over... Sadly it was an autocratic regime...

What tracks are left in SoCal?
First Irwindale now this....ya'll better get ready for some street racing.

Thats bogus about the noise! There a train station right next to the track and a scrap metal yard. WTF!!

Hahaha Ron, you can't even drive down the 10 without seeing the trains or the scrap yards.

I bet they're really going to complain and wonder why kids are street racing so much. So now there is bakersfield, which I hear hasn't been the greatest. Barons, but that's pretty far south. And I believe one other in the SD area.

Garrett

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about this. We have been fighting this kind of thing forever at our local dragstrip here in Portland. Because of the noise restrictions we have to run mufflers and have a 10pm curfew (103 dB @ 50' limit). Typical crap, a track built in the 50's being complained about by people who moved into houses built in the 70's, that is also in an industrial area and in the airport's flight path. At the houses in question, a city bus driving by is noisier, but they claim it's because of the repeated noise that it annoys them. We used to have major nitro events at the track. The city used to grant sound limit exceptions for Indy car events, but since that series has tanked they don't run here any more. As a result we were able to run a single big drag race each year, but this year the city dragged its feet too long (and they own the track as well), and we did not get a big event from NHRA.

This is bull**** I guess all we have now is fomoso and sacramento

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You still have the little 1/8 mile strip at Barona, I have heard good things about it.

Unfortunately the next strip North of you is in limbo again too! Medford's track operator bailed out late in the off-season, and now a bunch of racers are trying to form a group to operate the track. That one may turn out for the best, as the prior track operator had alienated a bunch of racers by guaranteeing purses then not paying them out, which pretty much doomed any big races they tried to have after that. Hopefully they get some new management in place and a fresh start.

Signed! Used to race fontana all the time, was at Irwindale twice last year for events. I came out of San Diego, two tracks there are both 1/8, Qualcomm and Barona.... Barona always had decent track prep, Qualcomm was closer. They're still going as far as I know. We're lucky we got LVMS here, its 5 tracks in one big compound... don't see that gettin shut down for a long time.