For Those Of You Who Are Studded

DieselFord05

Smokin' n Strokin'
Finally took the truck in for warranty work,(lifted heads) and are having them install studs. My ? to those of you is: How well has your truck held up since studding, and what mods are on it. I have been debating whether or not to put my*nx* kit back on.

First make sure they deck the heads. It won't matter what you use to clamp them down if they are not flat.

If they are flat and the EGR is deleted you should be set.

Mine was just studded and it has held up fine. I have 190's beans turbo, and a bunch of Nitrous.

i'm studded and have had no problems..i'll let you know how it does with spray in a few weeks..my kit showed up yesterday..:nos:

ZEXkit.jpg

so far so good. If I had the money for nitrous it would have been installed with the studs!

Mine has held up great. If you've got quite a few miles on your truck already, I'd make sure they mill the heads to ensure that they're flat, even if it costs you a couple hundred out of your own pocket. It's good insurance that they'll be flat. If they're not true, you're bound to have troubles.

We don't spray but everything has held up great.

Our trucks run anywhere between 190's to 225's, 62mm to 66mm with no problems.

EGR and Coolers have all be deleted.

We try to keep the EGT's under 1200.

Thanks for the quick responses. I thought the whole decking/milling was part of the process. I thought that the heads need to be sent out for machining to make sure they're true.

i'm studded and have had no problems..i'll let you know how it does with spray in a few weeks..my kit showed up yesterday..:nos:

ZEXkit.jpg

That's the same kit I use. Seems to work well. Easy install, I spent more time runnin' wires and figuring overall placement of things.

ZEXkit.jpg

Will - I was pretty sure you used to have the same tranny issues as me...except I still have them hahaha. What did you end up doing??

Will - I was pretty sure you used to have the same tranny issues as me...except I still have them hahaha. What did you end up doing??

i did a fluid and filter change and it's quite a bit better...now, it's only shifting wierd at moderate throttle...WOT is fine..if there's a real problem, it's going to let me know pretty soon..

i had to get another set of hg's after the studs cause the heads werent flat enough, every hg job should involve the milling them

heads studded and egr gone here and plenty of worry free miles. And a healthy dosage of :nos: too :evil

heads studded and egr gone here and plenty of worry free miles. And a healthy dosage of :nos: too :evil

How much do you spray? My Zex kit goes to 200, but I only shoot 125. My heads were toast even before I installed my kit, so I don't think I was feeling the full effect.

I'm not too sure on how to convert it to a hp rating but I know it'll empty a 20lb bottle in two passes. :evil

Back