for you guys getting the coolant filters...

william_04_x

you're gonna appreciate what they do...i changed out my first one today...looks like it's workin..

PIC-0316.jpg

i put the system on after about 70K miles..

sorry for the stupid post..just didn't want to muck up the group buy thread..point is, seems like coolant filters are a good investment for a 6.0l(especially the early ones)....

i installed it Jan 31st...the truck just sits during the week and some weekends..didn't take many miles to get dirty..

MIne looked just like the one riggz posted...after 1 week.

The casting flash left over in the 6.0 is incredible.
Also...all that crusty brown stuff in your degas bottle...it'll clear out after 3-4 filter changes.

How often should the filter be changed?

Should you change it after the first week and then extend the interval?

i don't think changing out the first filter after 1500 miles or so would be too soon..you will be able to extend the interval as the junk gets filtered out..

2068317730046140835S600x600Q85.jpg

That was my first coolant filter. After about 500 - 600 miles, I noticed the coolant filter discharge line wasn't getting hot anymore and pulled the filter.

The second filter has been in for probably close to 1000 miles, and it's still flowing coolant. However, I may still consider a total flush and refill if this filter looks like the first one whenever I pull it. Talk about nasty!

Where is the best place to buy the filters? I know DieselSite has them. Anywhere else? The napa hear is kinda "slow"

Ok, no one responded so I googled B5134 and found a price of $8.53 from drillspot.com came to $24 for two with shipping. Just thought I would share

Check at a IH, Kenworth, Peterbuilt, and the like truck dealerships. Most of these trucks have water filters on them.. Some tractor (John Deere or Caterpillar) dealerships may have them also.

Back