ford f 350 2005

leone37x

Need help on truck. runs fine then all of sudden it loses power,no smoke nothing just loss of power,but not all the time?

Gonna need more details than that. Cruising? Pulling? WOT? HOT? COLD? Loss of power- miss, lag, kill, surge?

that the thing about this problem happens when it hot or cold,can take of right away from house runs great 1 mile down the road you can get back on it ,just lag bad no surge or anything.maybe a little worse when it run for awhile.pull up to stop sign might run right throug gears might lag with no power.

First thing I would check would be the vanes on the turbo, sounds like they are sticking and this is a cheap fix to clean it up with a few hours labor.

Yes it will and the the stock boost gauge will not show a surge. I cleaned mine up with a dremel and soft wire brush. Be careful not to remove any metal. Not sure what methods other guys are using. I have seen other threads showing it disassembled before and after if you aren't sure what you're doing.

could be a sticking turbo like said above, a lift pump going bad, an injector hanging closed, a FICM losing voltage, just to name a few. First thing that needs to be done is get the truck on a scan tool. You will drive your self crazy trying to diagnose it without being able to see data and perform tests.

Back