fp gauge

smoken02

just got my cobalt electric fuel pressure gauge the other day, and was wondering where the sensor mounts. I havent looked yet. Im just trying to get the heads up.:thankyou2:

Look on the side of the VP where the supply line comes in, there should be a schrader valve there you can tap into one way or the other.

I have a Edge juice/ attitude, it has a electric gauge and it hooks in to the supply line at the VP pump. You'll most likely remove the stock schrader valve and the sensor should screw into its place. Make sure you remember to put the copper washers back on with it. Keep the stock valve incase you have to do further diagnostics on the pump someday.

I would strongly suggest using a length of grease gun hose from the schrader valve to the fuel pressure sender.

That will help to tame the pulses in the fuel system, so that it doesn't kill your sender.

If you still have the factory banjos and fuel lines, I would replace them with either -6 or -8 lines.

are you talking all lines and fittings between the tank and the vp?

smoken02 said:
are you talking all lines and fittings between the tank and the vp?

Depends on how much you want to spend.

I would go from the firewall forward first, then work your way back once you have the cash.

i was thinking about buying the filter to injection hose from vulcan performance but i take it thats not enough.i wasnt going to get to crazy yet because i havent figured out if im gonna buy a fass 150 kit or build my own system with an aeromotive pump. :bang

smoken02 said:
i was thinking about buying the filter to injection hose from vulcan performance but i take it thats not enough.i wasnt going to get to crazy yet because i havent figured out if im gonna buy a fass 150 kit or build my own system with an aeromotive pump. :bang

Please don't waste your money on a FASS.

I have ran a Wildcat Diesel (long since closed) big line kit since 02, when my truck was new.

It would maintain 11 psi at WOT with the TST on lvl 9, but as soon as I put in some junk injectors from Industrial, it would pull all the way down to 3 psi, and I have a dyno sheet to prove it ran out of fuel at about 2100 rpm.

I have since installed some Aeromotive parts of my own design (despite what Smokem says :poke: ). I cannot drop below 15 psi under any condition.

I installed the fuel pressure regulator where the stock lift pump was, so I was able to reuse the majority of my original -8 fuel system.

One of these years, I will get some better pictures taken, and post a bad write up of the install.

that would be awsome to see a good write up of a good fuel system with an aeromotive pump and reg. deep down i know thats what i want but was taken in by the ease of the fass since everything comes in one kit. :rockwoot:

smoken02 said:
that would be awsome to see a good write up of a good fuel system with an aeromotive pump and reg. deep down i know thats what i want but was taken in by the ease of the fass since everything comes in one kit. :rockwoot:

Things are slowing down at work, so I should have some time before long.

Here's a preview.

DSC_0003.jpg

that looks kick a$$!! is the hose anything special? what do you recommend for a draw straw? do you remove the stock lift pump? any additional filters? maybe i will just shutup and wait for the write up. i dont mean to bombard you with questions i just get a little excited. :bang

The regulator goes in the spot where the factory lift pump is.

Hose is just aeroquip push lock, nothing special.

Everything is plumbed through the stock fuel filter, to makes things simple.

I have no pics of the draw straw, mostly because we haven't come up with one we like yet. The setup I have now will start to cavitate at around a 1/4 tank of fuel. Weston has been talking to an outside source about getting a draw straw made.

There are a lot of rough spots we are trying to work out, to make this as much of a drop in kit as possible.

keep me posted on this setup because i do want to go with an aeromotive setup and i know that should handle any hp i will throw at it. :rockwoot: