Fred Sanders Silver Bullet

macktrucks4

I am new to this site, but with V-8 Mack in my blood, I have to say that I was at Bloomsburg, PA on Saturday night for the big rig pullers. Fred was in the pull offs and when he finished his run, (325') something happened to the truck. It was like nothing I ever seen. It looked like the bell housing broke, the back off the motor lifted up blowing the hood off. The motor went up to about 70 degrees, 90 being straight up, and landed back down about 20 degrees above level. The front of the motor seamed to stay in place. I am looking for someone that was there and got video of it. I was awesome to see. I was right on the finish line in row 8, right at eye level, but I am sure it will cost thousands to repair. By the way, Fred did win the event and the East Coast Championship

i have close up pics on my phone the motor completely broke in half it was crazy.

That was wild seeing that. I was standing right there at the 300+ mark track side when that happened. That was a cummins motor in that truck. I beleive an 1150 cubic incher with 3 turbos. The block split in half just above the oil pan. That was one expensive pull for him. But one hell of a show.

wow that sucks. sanders' have some mean trucks. i always like to watch them pull. im sure they'll have that one up an running again in no time.