Fresh Rebuild Question

2Tone12V

Make it as short as i can. Went through the entire motor. Got it in. Tried turning the motor by hand. WONT BUDGE!! Going to dig into the tranny tomorrow and see if we didnt get it lined up. Checked for valve clearance while it was at top dead center and was ok there. Any ideas???

stupid question is the tranny in neutral? and by hand? do you mean you attempted to spin the motor with a barring tool and some sort of ratchet? did you try using the starter?

is this after a rebuild? if the main caps are not in the right positions it will not turn. learned that the hard way.

head off you should be able to spin it by hang freely. keep us posted on what you find out.

Simply my fault. I call it the adapter to the bell housing that bolts up to the back of your motor. But one of those bolts i overlooked and the clutch would hit. First time doing it. Might as well do the tranny twice. Did everything else twice. Figured i might as well do it to haha. Now got it together and its making a funny noise. Thought he overhead just needed to be ran again. Sounded a little rattly. Ran the overhead at the dyno saturday and now truck is worse. Sounds like it is the injection pump. But also sounds like its comin from inside the motor. Cant quite tell. Makes like a ticking noise like its going to blow. So put her on the trailer and going to take it to MCS diesel monday and see if they can figure it out. Dont have the time to do it.

Ticking noise like the lift pump would make? Mine made a seriously loud ticking noise loud enough that while in my house and my truck was idling in the driveway 80ft. away I could here the ticking from inside.

I bought a case of that new Stanadyne ULSD lube mix from Gus @ Farmboysdiesel.com and after a tank full with that stuff it cleared the ticking noise up.

Everyone had missed feelings on what it is. Some say pump. Some say not sure. Some say valve hitting pistons! Dont know where to begin. Called Gus at farmboys to see how much they took off the head when they resurfaced. May have to get a thicker gasket. If its that easy. I can handle that!!