fresh tranny break in

CarolineCummins

Tire Destroyer
What do you guys recomend for a freshly rebuilt trans (its a hd rebuild kit, billet converter, billet input, valve body) to be broken in? I know some people say run it like you stole it and others have different ways of doing things. Any help would be great thanks alot in advance!

I put a couple hundred miles on mine then started beating the hell out of it.

My transmission builder always said to drive it for 500mi. (long enough to burn the new film off the clutches and steels) then change fluid and filter and your good to go!

Lavon

I put a couple hundred feet on mine before beating on it....

If it's built right, after the test drive with a line pressure gauge to make sure everything is working properly and the TV motor or cable is adjusted right. It should be ready to handle what ever you want to throw at it.

If it's built right, after the test drive with a line pressure gauge to make sure everything is working properly and the TV motor or cable is adjusted right. It should be ready to handle what ever you want to throw at it.

Great thanks alot Brett ill have her done before your dyno day so i cant wait to put her back on the rollers!

-dan

Back