From Denver, Diesel Trike!

Scott39

My name is Scott and I plan on building the first Dodge Dually Diesel Trike.
I check out these boards for info on engine mods, and rear suspension lowering mods. More to come later.

Im lost. We talking trike like all those guys who run VW's engines. Cause I see them doing wheelies all the time. A Cummins would be cool but you would never have a front tire down. Or some ugly batmobile trike out of a dually

How the heck do you do that?

Hahaha!!! 2003 Dodge dually bed, frame C-notched so it can lay on the ground with airbags, running 24" 10 lug Peterbilt wheels. Run the frame as narrow as possible in front of the bed. It will have a 12 valve Cummins up front, while I wrap my les around the transmission, with a Large motorcycle type springer front end.:ylsuper:

Hahaha!!! 2003 Dodge dually bed, frame C-notched so it can lay on the ground with airbags, running 24" 10 lug Peterbilt wheels. Run the frame as narrow as possible in front of the bed. It will have a 12 valve Cummins up front, while I wrap my les around the transmission, with a Large motorcycle type springer front end.:ylsuper:

Wait, I thought a trike meant three wheels.

Is this going to be called a quinary... or?

Welcome.

Please reread the above quote. Sounds badass but can turn out fugly. Keep up the good work, opinions are like arsholes. Remember this.

Wait, I thought a trike meant three wheels.

Is this going to be called a quinary... or?

Welcome.
Yes, it will have 5 wheels, but when I take it to the state to get it inspected for the street, it will only have 3 wheels on it.

I will post some pictures of my ideas here in a few minutes.

5 wheels because it's a dually,

It sounds interesting but a full size dually bed might look wayyyyyyy to wide I'm thinking, why not narrow all of it?

So I'm picturing this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-7QNvIxQTs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-7QNvIxQTs[/ame]

With the dually bed, I'm picturing a rolling abortion. Not good. Maybe (that's a big maybe) it'll look good when done

Not even close.

This will be the front end I will use. That is a big block engine in this trike, and the Cummins only weighs 100lbs. more.

2ztis08.jpg

This the same year Dodge bed I have in mind, 2003 and up.
And I'm thinking of using the same color on this bed.

x6d5eb.jpg

zswgn9.jpg

Instead of using the Peterbilt wheels in the first photo, I'm thinking of using the wheels in the last two photo's.

2aflp2b.jpg

2413t50.jpg

2a7g3g2.jpg

I already have this 2003 Dodge bed in near perfect shape delivered to my house for $850. I also have a 2wd 1994 Dodge Cummins truck for the donor truck. I hope to start building this in about three weeks.

2r3ftzr.jpg

Last edited:
IDK man theres a big difference we talking rubber mounted harley or what.

Back