Front axle set up

dangerous06

diesel tech
building my 06 4x4 and noticed I have an open diff up front. What is everyone running to keep the truck going straight in a drag scenario? With an open diff I would assume the truck would pull hard to what ever side it wanted!

Why would it pull hard with an open diff? Have you ever steered with a locked front end.

Tru trac makes a nice posi

Just thinking of one tire pulling hard. ARB air locker would be my choice. I've never ran a 4x4 on the street with hi HP.

When we drag raced with an electric locker it would pull like a sum*****.

I run a TruTrac in the front. Works good on the street and goes fairly straight at the track.

Why would it pull hard with an open diff? Have you ever steered with a locked front end.

Tru trac makes a nice posi

I run a TruTrac in the front. Works good on the street and goes fairly straight at the track.

I've run TruTrac with great experiences. Never on anything with a ton of power though.

In theory, an open differential going straight should supply equal power to both tires. Obviously if one side is stickier than the other, or suspension hop happens, that'll change. I think it'd make sense to try it out at the track though.

I've run TruTrac with great experiences. Never on anything with a ton of power though.

In theory, an open differential going straight should supply equal power to both tires. Obviously if one side is stickier than the other, or suspension hop happens, that'll change. I think it'd make sense to try it out at the track though.

I've been running mine for several years now, 800hp+, no problems with it at all.

I ran an open front end until I hit low 11s. That's where I ran into issues with the front tires spinning independent of each other and switched to the TruTrac.

I've been running mine for several years now, 800hp+, no problems with it at all.

I ran an open front end until I hit low 11s. That's where I ran into issues with the front tires spinning independent of each other and switched to the TruTrac.

Just a quick glance at jegs. It only shows a front for 4.56 and up. Where did you get yours? I am sure I will need one.
Also what spline count are they and what front shaft are you running ?

Just a quick glance at jegs. It only shows a front for 4.56 and up. Where did you get yours? I am sure I will need one.
Also what spline count are they and what front shaft are you running ?

I'm still running the stock 32 spline axles. Eaton didn't(doesn't?) make a D60 32 spline Trutrac for the front, so I'm actually running a TruTrac rear end unit in the front. Sounds iffy, but I spent an hour or so talking to a couple of Eaton engineers, and they convinced me that it would work fine. So far it has.

In your case, since you'll probably push it harder than I have, I'd go with the upgraded 35 spline axles (Yukon?), and get the unit meant for the front.

I'm thinking I got mine from Amazon :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
I'm still running the stock 32 spline axles. Eaton didn't(doesn't?) make a D60 32 spline Trutrac for the front, so I'm actually running a TruTrac rear end unit in the front. Sounds iffy, but I spent an hour or so talking to a couple of Eaton engineers, and they convinced me that it would work fine. So far it has.

In your case, since you'll probably push it harder than I have, I'd go with the upgraded 35 spline axles (Yukon?), and get the unit meant for the front.

I'm thinking I got mine from Amazon :hehe::hehe::hehe:

I am on a budget a serious budget so a stock unit will work well. I meant more along the lines of front drive shaft.

Back