Front Drive Shaft angle/vibration 2012

brucer

So I raised the front of my truck approx 3.25" with the carli springs and I had no noticable front driveshaft vibrations, then I added the carli control arms to position the axle properly again and after doing that I immediately got a front driveshaft vibration starting at 45 MPH. The vibration disappears when I remove the driveshaft. I had the driveshaft balanced and it is now within 2 oz on each end (was out 25 one end and 23 the other from the factory).

I would rather not do an indexing ring but is there anything else I can do? ...I've heard these 4th gen front drive shafts just don't like any angle at all due to the bigger u-joints.

Please don't tell me I haven't disengaged my four wheel drive properly. I have. The front driveshaft ALWAYS turns on a 2012. Sick of calling so-called pros to have them tell me that...:blahblah1:

Last edited:
Unfortunately the 4th Gen front shafts were garbage balanced from the factory and I've seen numerous guys get their shafts balanced only to find out that they have a runout issue. The only real fix for your vibration is a new shaft or an indexing ring.

I would have it checked for balance and runout first, and if the runout is what is causing the issue you'll need a new shaft, a good example is balancing an egg, sure it's possible but its never going to roll straight and smooth like a sphere.