Front wheel bearing w/Anti-lock

Ridemywideglide

Diesel NON-Pro
Anyone know where (besides D/C) to get one?
Rockauto doesn't list it, and none of my local stores list it..
Afraid I'll have a stroke if I call Dodge..

Thanks
Brad

Ridemywideglide said:
Anyone know where (besides D/C) to get one?
Rockauto doesn't list it, and none of my local stores list it..
Afraid I'll have a stroke if I call Dodge..

Thanks
Brad

I just received 2 hub/bearing assy's from Rockauto. The tone ring for the ABS is not part of the assy. Timken P/N HA590020. Rockauto was the lowest price I found, and made in USA. I have already pulled the old assy off, and this is the correct part.

rams-n-hogs said:
I just received 2 hub/bearing assy's from Rockauto. The tone ring for the ABS is not part of the assy. Timken P/N HA590020. Rockauto was the lowest price I found, and made in USA. I have already pulled the old assy off, and this is the correct part.

So the tone ring comes off the old one and you put it on the new one? Why don't the just tell you that.. Napa wanted $285 vs $160 from Rockauto.. Think I know where I'm going..

Thanks

Last edited:
hmm every hub i have ever done came complete, as in you take the bolts out, disconnect the abs, bolt it back on and connect it back. Never had to mess with any tone rings.

That was my impression when everyone I called said the hub with tone ring was NA to them, Dodge only part.. Mine is not apart but from the back it didn't look like the tone ring comes off.. I don't know, but I don't want to order one without and end up stuck..

as far as i know the abs sensor is in the hub ??? or is it differant in the 96's ... i know mine's in the hub assy ,,, then again i haven't look at a 96 hub... if rock auto has it cheaper than thats the way ....

impmouse said:
as far as i know the abs sensor is in the hub ??? or is it differant in the 96's ... i know mine's in the hub assy ,,, then again i haven't look at a 96 hub... if rock auto has it cheaper than thats the way ....

I don't know about other years, but on mine there's a ring on the back of the hub that looks like a straight-cut gear (tone ring) and the sensor mounts to the back of the steering knuckle and floats above the tone ring, Just to the outside of the axle u-joints..
I'm wondering now if I could just use the non-abs hub for now and worry about it later..

Ridemywideglide said:
I don't know about other years, but on mine there's a ring on the back of the hub that looks like a straight-cut gear (tone ring) and the sensor mounts to the back of the steering knuckle and floats above the tone ring, Just to the outside of the axle u-joints..
I'm wondering now if I could just use the non-abs hub for now and worry about it later..

There's nothing to worry about. The tone ring is part of the axle outer stub shaft, on the 96. Not part of the hub/bearing assy. I just confirmed this in my service manual, as well as looked at the axle. Depending on when you did them last, I would also suggest just getting new rotors, pads, and u-joints while you have it apart. The rotors are pressed on to the hub assy with the wheels studs, anyway. New wheel studs also come with the hub.

rams-n-hogs said:
There's nothing to worry about. The tone ring is part of the axle outer stub shaft, on the 96. Not part of the hub/bearing assy. I just confirmed this in my service manual, as well as looked at the axle. Depending on when you did them last, I would also suggest just getting new rotors, pads, and u-joints while you have it apart. The rotors are pressed on to the hub assy with the wheels studs, anyway. New wheel studs also come with the hub.

Thanks, after I remembered I had the SM on cd, I found that as well.. :doh:
I ordered 2 of 'em, might as well get it all outta the at once..

Thanks again

Ridemywideglide said:
Thanks, after I remembered I had the SM on cd, I found that as well.. :doh:
I ordered 2 of 'em, might as well get it all outta the at once..

Thanks again

That's what I'm doing, as well as u-joints, rotors, and new pads.