FS Oil Bypass Setup.

4x4dually

Staff member
I tried this on my 6.7L and the OEM oil system didn't like it. I've heard the 1st and 2nd gen trucks don't have the problems I did. Anyway, I'm in need of EGR delete hardware more than I am this...so I think I've decided to trade this for cash so I can buy what I 'really' need.

It can be set up to run a full flow and bypass filter, or you can pull the oriface and run two tandem full flows if you like. Hoses are brand new, ran for 3 days. 2750psi hydraulic hoses. Fittings were $28 each. :( I will include the brand new EaPB100 filter (ran 3 days on a new oil change) worth $34. There is a removable plug so you can predrain most of the filters and lines into a bucket so it doesn't make such a mess when the filters are screwed off if you mount it horizontally like I tried.

All in all, I've got about $171 in it (just hoses and the filter). I got the bypass base for free from another member so I'll pass the savings along. There is another $50 or so with of fittings that I didn't buy but had in the shop that you get for free too.

So, make me a cash offer if you would like to try it on your truck or tractor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my thread about the trouble I had trying to make it work. It just made crazy noises. It ran great for 3 days then the OEM filter housing didn't like it. I've heard the 2nd gens aren't as picky. And who knows, you might mount it right side up and it might just work on a 6.7L. I don't know.

Bypass Filter Mounting Location - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

3rd Gen 5.9's don't have any issue's either, the 6.7L's are just picky? :what:

25 doll hairs!

I've got 375 doll hairs on my upper lip. Don't need none. LOL

The full EGR delete kit at my local shop is $125. So, if anyone wants it for $125 plus the ride.....it is yours. I had one PM but don't have a responce yet. He has first dibs, but hollar if anyone is interested.

Or if anyone has a brand new kit from a decent manufacturer I'd be willing to trade....just tryin' to throw my local guy some $$$. He's helped me out a lot.

I've got 375 doll hairs on my upper lip. Don't need none. LOL

The full EGR delete kit at my local shop is $125. So, if anyone wants it for $125 plus the ride.....it is yours. I had one PM but don't have a responce yet. He has first dibs, but hollar if anyone is interested.

Or if anyone has a brand new kit from a decent manufacturer I'd be willing to trade....just tryin' to throw my local guy some $$$. He's helped me out a lot.

Rude response!
I don't need it... I think.

Happy to see the hunt for Egr exiting strategies though!

Sale pending....unless someone offers me $300 before I ship it Monday. :hehe:

Maybe Snedge can offer up some insight on to if there is a reason why the 6.7 CR doesn't play well with a bypass. Are the oil coolers the same partnumber?

I would guess they changed the bypass pressure to keep the turbo cooler line from blowing seals...??? Maybe is was pussified a tad.

Were the filters mounted lower than the bottom of the block?

Mounted like this. Top line is feed and bottom line is the return. It will ship to PA on Monday. Maybe you'll see it in person, Jeff.

IMG_6581Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I'm thinking they need to be no lower than the bottom of the block.
I'll see if I can find that in writing.
I do know with the Pacbrake remote/relocate system we've used on the older models it tells us to keep them there or higher.

Hmmm.... I'm thinking they need to be no lower than the bottom of the block.
I'll see if I can find that in writing.
I do know with the Pacbrake remote/relocate system we've used on the older models it tells us to keep them there or higher.

Thanks for looking into this. I do know that on my 97 I had the filters mounted under the lower radiator support, however they were in a vertical position, and I had no issues with it.

I had the single full flow remote system mounted on my 2002 sideways and had no problem with that either...under the front of the block.

I looked for a while and couldn't find it. I'll keep digging when things quiet down a little.

Last edited:
Back