Fuel Filter ?

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
I have the fass 150/180, and i was wondering if i can take out the fuel filter on top on the motor. or would it be better to leave it in there?
Thanks
Fuzzy

I did when I had the 6.0 in it...deleted the stock filter on my Cummins too.

If you are running the 3 micron filter on the fass then you could. But if you are running the 10 micron I wouldn't. The stock filter on the frame rail is 10 micron and 4 micron at the motor.

So what would be the difference of taking the engine mounted filter out and running the 10 micron fiter on the FASS versus running the 10 micron filter on the fass and having a regulated return system where there is no filter. I was wondering this myself. I have a RR system but I haven'y gotten around to putting it on.

All the trucks trucks in our fleet dont even have the stock filter hooked up. Some are even cut off. We figure if your running -8 lines and the y them to 2 -6 into the head why bother with that filter. On top of that it comes with a 3 micron filter.

Is that what folks are doing, a single -8 line to a pair of -6 lines into the head? No return, just use the Airdog to return?

I used -10 supply line to the FASS, -10 to the front of the engine bay "Y" block, -8 lines from the "Y" block to the Tee's, and -6 lines to the front, and back of the heads....only useing the FASS return line.
With my 225cc injectors, I haven't seen any more than a pound...maybe 2 pounds pressure drop on a HARD run. (62 psi pressure at idle, 60 psi at full tilt)
I would use a filter downstream of the FASS thou.......just in case the FASS decides to head South when the truck is going North....

All the trucks trucks in our fleet dont even have the stock filter hooked up. Some are even cut off. We figure if your running -8 lines and the y them to 2 -6 into the head why bother with that filter. On top of that it comes with a 3 micron filter.

You never know what filter you get with your FASS. They send the ones with their label on them which are 150 micron water separator and a 10micron fuel filter. HF6604 is the 3 micron fleetguard filter to run in place of the 10. You see how much crap the stock 10micron catches. The 3micron filter is fully rated to flow the 180gph of the fass.