fuel gauge working then not? HELP

1995ford_kid

CUMMINS boy now!!
bought my truck with gauge not working it was on empty all the time i bought the floater for dodge pulled bed put it in and gauge worked fine!
week goes bye i filaly fill the tank FULL and now its stuck on full? it moves now little over time only like a hair or right below full?
Has this happen to anyone else before? and if so how can i fix it? or mabey tell me wats wrong with it? Anything to fix my gauge would help thanx!!

The float is stuck up, you need to pull the bed again and check the position of the float. it has to go to the front or back of the tank, not one of the sides or it will get hung up.

It sounds like the float arm is stuck on something. When you had it out did it more freely without any binding? It could also be an electronic problem but that is less likely.

There is a gentleman by the name of Joe George on CF and TDR that put together a nice article about the 94-98 dodge fuel system that may have some helpful stuff in it for you: Joe G's fuel system writeup - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

The float is stuck up, you need to pull the bed again and check the position of the float. it has to go to the front or back of the tank, not one of the sides or it will get hung up.

i put it the the rear? im curtain i put it perfectly straight back mabey ill pull bed again and pull it out see if its tight or something i dont know?

Double check to make sure it is not hitting a draw straw, baffle, etc also. Seen the draw straw before.

So it broke loose my dads buddy told me to beat on it with a malit by the float see if it would brake loose and sure enough it did! so i guess i should only fill it to 3/4 full?

Back