Fuel in oil, leaking oil, injectors covered in carbon

BlackStroker

Working on a truck with a ppump conversion. He has oil leaking out pretty bad, smell of fuel in the oil, but its running just fine. So we started pulling the injectors, got 1 and 2 out just fine, 3-6 were stuck pretty bad. They have carbon ALL over the lower half. The sealing washers are all stuck in the head on those 4. We got the 3 and 4 washers out of the head but I'm stuck on how to get the back two out.

Previously he had found 1 and 2 injector hold downs had come loose and was getting blow by in the fuel tank, could this all be related? Thing is, 1 and 2 both come out clean with washer. 3-6 all jacked up. Truck is running fine. I just can't figure out how were gonna get the back two sealing washers out. Any help would be great.!!

I have seen this problem before, not on my truck. We found that the injector hold down was loose. Pulled injector it was all carbed up, and washer stayed in the head.

Its the hold downs. That happened to me, just clean them and torque the hold downs again. I use loctite on them now.

The hold down is 89 in-lb if you need a quick spec. Although, I found out that the hold down will break in half before the threads strip (I have some stupid friends).

Kyle

If the injector is loose, the combustion gasses will go into the fuel gallery in the head, and then to the tank, so you can get 'blow-by' in the fuel tank.

I had a washer stuck in my head. I tried to soften it up with a punch to work it free, no dice. I ended up using a piece of 5/16" fine thread bolt. It cut threads into the washer an was able to yank it out. Good luck!

ya we got 3-4 out with a 1/2 inch drill bit, its just those two that are in the back that are gonna be a problem

You may be able to get a dental pick down the hole and pry it loose.