Fuel Issue with 08 6.7

redliner

Having a problem with a customers 08 5500. History on truck - 248k and just bought it from someone on ebay. Ran perfect when he got it. Has DPF delete with boxes plugged into sensor wiring. Recently he got a lot of water in his fuel, like 20 gal of water and only maybe 5 gal of fuel from a cracked sending unit. We cleaned tank out completely and replaced fuel filter and added fuel tank antigel. Filled tank with fresh fuel.
Now for the problem - at approximatly 2000 rpm if you hold the throttle there, the vehicle will start to load up (smokes a raw fuel smoke like a decompressed motor) and rattle like a fuel knock real bad. If you let off the throttle just slightly it will go away or if you get on it harder it will go away. Only code we got on the vehicle was for the filter for crankcase needed replaced. This is the first 6.7 we have had in the shop for any issues and I dont want to just throw parts at it. All parameters on sensors are where they should be when running. Where should I start??? Pull injectors and check them for mechanical issues???

since you've already got it running, figure a way to check rail pressure just for ****s and gigs to see what it's doing.. you should get 5kRP at idle and upwards of 25k under WOT throttle condition w/load... after that box up the CP3 and injectors and send them to a pro, they're more than likely both hurt. Shane @ Wicked Diesels (motorsports diesel now?) is where I'd start... while those things are off for repair dump your tank clean all the lines and replace filters again...