Fuel leak at high pressure fitting (CP3 Bag of Parts Intall)

xDiesel03

I have a serious fuel leak between the high pressure fitting and the CP3 and need advice/help. I believe I have damaged threads on the CP3 female side. I am afraid a normal tap will not work and still successfully seal the fitting because the threads on the fitting are not normal machine threads. They are flat on top instead of tapering to a point. I tried teflon tape but it did not seal the fitting. I purchased a tube of loctite 567, which is supposed to be for high temperature and pressure fittings, but I have doubts that it will hold the 30,000 psi from the CP3.

Here's what happened: When I installed the new high pressure fitting, I made sure the check ball was sitting on the threads of the CP3 and began to tighten down the fitting. I couldn't get the fitting to seat far enough to get the fuel line back on so I continued to tighten the fitting (big mistake). After a few more attempts to retighten and connect the fuel line, I removed the high pressure fitting and found that the ball did not go all of the way into the pump and had been preventing the fitting from seating. The ball was not damaged, but I found one tiny piece of metal that appeared to be part of a thread from the CP3. I pushed the ball all of the way into the pump and retightened the fitting, but fuel spews out with the engine running. The white teflon tape did not work to seal the fitting.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You cross threaded the fitting it does not seal on the threads and Teflon tape is not the answer it will get in fuel and cause injector problems. The fitting seals on the flat surface you are going to have to straighten out the threads before it will seal

The fitting is destroyed, Its unlikely you damage the Body threads, if you damaged the matting surface on the body? you will never get it to stop leaking.

Back