fuel limp? or apps?

Backwoods

Got an o1 that while driving will get like dead pedal

U can be cruisin at 55mph then it just has no pedal push it to the floor and nothing then all of a sudden it revs up and down shifts like it should

K just scanned it and have
p0216= fuel injection pump timing malfunction
P0234= turbo boosr limit exceeded (id assume from my down shift to get the pedal and power back)

K just scanned it and have
p0216= fuel injection pump timing malfunction
P0234= turbo boosr limit exceeded (id assume from my down shift to get the pedal and power back)

216 is a death code but it shouldn't cause a dead pedal, however it does mean that your pump is on the way out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Yeah gonna put a pump on and see if that fixes it. It just looses power i think and im not used to drivimg stock trucks lol.

If you lose power, have 216 code, and the pedal isn't doing anything... good chance pump. Had a pump that would give a dead pedal issue. Went to drive to lunch one day and truck idled great, had no power and would run horrible up top. Confirmed APPS was good when I sent it to Jory (4X4Dually).

If you have a known spare, good, pump. Try that. They are easy enough to change out.

Side note: Verify fuel pressure. Good, solid, fuel volume and pressure is key for the VP44.

Its for work so im just putting a vp44 on it. Lol

Im pretty sure its the pump. After i started lookin over it and realized pump issue. The guys xame up and said they couldn't get it running yesterday to unload it off the semi. Once they did it ran like crap. Lol

Even the dead pump code?

My first thought was apps but then i scanned that code and thought pump that's why i posted this lol

Last edited:
Mine did have a lose of pump timing code. Also lose of apps voltage

Apps is cheaper to start with then a pump. If it doesnt fix then put the apps on the shelf because it will need one eventually, guaranteed!

Its for work tho lol i work at a dealership so this truck will be gone soon as its fixed