Fuel mileage question

tankhead23

I have an 06 lbz. hypertech to correct odometer and banks six gun with pda, cold air, high flow exhaust. Running 35, 12.50 nitto mud and getting 12-13 mpg average over several tanks. I drive 60 and dont take off fast, like an old man. I have several friends getting 20 with their cummings. does the mud tire make a big difference or is it the size of the tire? I was thinking of going to a 33 inch all terrain tire. Do you think this will help? Is this crappy mileage normal? Any suggestions?

when i changed from a mud dog mt tire to a AT tire there was an .5 mpg gain. it could be the tall tire makeing your truck work all teh time. What gears are in your truck

3.73 rear. you changed the tire tread to a less agressive tire but did you change the size of tire?

I have 315's on both trucks which are the same as a 35 and I get 22mpg with my LBZ and 20-22 with my LB7. The banks is not all it cracked up to be I used to have one and the best I got was 13.4mpg. I went with EFI Live and wow what a difference it made for both trucks.