fuel miliage

cnsmoke

AKA PooDot
what is the best bang for your buck to get better fuel miliage on a 6.7?? any info would be appriciated..

I like my Bully Dog power pup very well.
I have an extra one if you're interested. Brand new.

Ts Performance or take the the dpf off and get a Edge Juice to take care of the regen stuff.

i have the edge and mp-8 and the mp-8 gets better fuel mileage with all the emission stuff still on, but the edge can really kick. so i am just waiting on my delete kit from H&S to see what i will get then.

How do you do it and what's the MPG difference? Also, do you stop the EGR?

How do you do it and what's the MPG difference? Also, do you stop the EGR?

i bought the computer moduel and the down pipe from deletedpf.com, and the delete pipe from puredieselpower.com( a lot cheaper). all you have to do is unhook all the sensors on the pipes, unbolt all the pipes and put the new stuff on, then plug in 3 egt temp probes to the computer moduel and your done.

You just have to buy a DPF delet kit. I think it is definately worth the little extra $ to go ahead and get the full 5" kit. I picked up a sloid 4-5 MPGs. I was averaging around 13.5 went up to 17.5 (highest so far on entire tank is 18.5). I just put my Edge Juice w/ Attitude on yesterday so I dont have any numbers on that yet. I will say the worst it has gotten is 15 mpg pulling a dump trailer for about 1/2 the time. Before the delete iwould get 9.5-10 pulling the same trailer.

just put'n around town and cruise'n down the Innerstate......... 356 miles on 34 gallons. Didn't hook to a trailer for the whole tank. Over 20k miles and over 650 engine hours.

you could get the 5" and pay a little more or buy the 4", they are both nice and sound good. but, i have heard that you dont need the flow of a 5" untill somewhere around 600+hp

but the way i have picked up 3 more mpg and is slowly gettin better, i get like 16-16.5 city and im stock power

last tank was 10.47 MPG. How many hours/miles do you have on your truck?

lost count of the hours when the dial reset after 100hrs, but i have 18,200miles. the way i did it was I saved $75 on the delete pipe and around $200-$300 on the pipe that bends over the axel I just cut and welded a tip on the stock pipe.

Last edited:
Your are stock and picked up 3 MPG just by deleting the DPF and EGR? ...DANG! How often does your light go off or is it on all the time?

BTW..... turn key switch on, do not start. In the dash cluster, press the rest stick until it shows the total mileage. Once you see the mileage press and hold the stick for about 10 seconds. You will see the engine hours pop up.

FYI, the overhead just tells ya "key on" time and resets every 100 hours.

i dindt delete the egr( no real need in my own opinion), my light will come on after about ten minutes if i dont clear it first. I bought a code scanner from O'riely's for $60.00. if drive for less than 5-10 minutes i dont though a code. There are 2 moduels from bay area diesel, 1 is code free for $575 and the other throughs a code for $300, i bought this one because im gonna get the edge juice with attitude, and it will automatically clear my codes. So again i saved a little more money. At my mileage the exhaust will pay for itself in less than a year