Fuel Passage Pics

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around how the fuel travels through the head and was wondering if anyone had a good diagram of it.

There are crossover tubes that the injector lines outside the head mate up with. Next time you swap injectors just pull one out and have a look at it.

There is also a passage in the head. A small amount of fuel is used to cool and lubricate the injectors this fuel is returned to the tank through this passage in the head.

I know that fuel from the connector tube flows into the injector and then into the cylinder. I wanna know more about how the return line from the injectors flows and what not. How does the return from the injectors flow back into the head and out the return line without having some sort of o-ring or seal on it?

BgBlDodge said:
I know that fuel from the connector tube flows into the injector and then into the cylinder. I wanna know more about how the return line from the injectors flows and what not. How does the return from the injectors flow back into the head and out the return line without having some sort of o-ring or seal on it?

Very carefully...:hehe: :bang