fuel press ?

agamache

Hello all
I am planning on getting an sct x3 with x race tune (running edge with att now). My question is if get and air dog and a fuel line crossover , would this be enough to supply all the. Fuel I need and not run injector out of fuel

The airdog with a 50psi pump? Then yes. You will be good to go. If its just a common rail type lift pump then no.

Fuel pressure is key with our setups. The factory spec is 55 + or - 5.

If you are getting an AirDog, make sure it is the stand alone (Airdog II I believe) otherwise they don't make enough pressure. Most are lift pumps designed to pump a high volumne but at relatively low pressure (15 to 20 psi range).

Your other option is to run the AirDog to the factory fuel pump.

Something else you may want to consider is our Stage I kit. Larger lines to the front of the cylinder heads. This not only increases the line sizes, but we also replace the small fittings and restrictive banjo bolts to help flow more fuel.

Thanks for the info. Trusted would the crossover line work or would i need the orifice, The reason i ask is the airdog will be returning fuel to the tank also

If you use a lift pump (FASS or AirDog) to the factory fuel pump, then you need a regulator in the system (the factory one is located in the secondary fuel filter housing) and the fixed orifice kit will not work. So, a crossover line is what works.

If the AirDog that you plan on using is an AirDog II; which is regulated to 60 psi or wherever it will be regulated at, then the fixed orifice kit or crossover line will work. FASS recommends using a fixed orifice kit to help extend pump life, but since the AirDog II hasn't been released, I don't know if the AirDog will or will not.