fuel pressure dropping

fordman

just installed dj's fuel pressure int. with trusted preformance stage 1 fuel lines to the frount of the heads, i set fuel pressure @60 psi, but when i step on it my pressure drops to 35psi . i have a sct 2 everything else is stock . new filters and all. is this normal . could it be my fuel pump?

i added a steel hose coming out of the fuel filter housing , a sending unit in the end of the hose . gauge in the cab

Sounds like a weak pump, mine used to drop but I can't remember to what, but I know it wasn't 35. DO yourself a favor and look at a raptor pump. It cured my problems. Mine is at 60 and drops to 59.8. LOL

The Ford pump just doesn't pump the volume we need. Step up. And be happy.

Where are you located? I have a nearly new stock pump, used less than a week sitting on my work bench.

Fass and be done. Longer filter life. Easier water seperator drain.

had the same problem with dj's fuel intensifier and just changed my regulator and im back with good fuel pressure .

Which regulator is in the kit? Some had a round silver one. Some had the aeromotive a1000. If you want to check the regulator, swap it back to the stock regulator. Its set to 55psi as well. If you want more from the stock one, shim the spring.

i replaced dj's silver regulator wich is a mallory with a aeromotive a1000 and it solved my fuel pressure problem. mine was doing the same thing i had it at 60 psi and when i stepped on the gas it would go to 35 or 40.

Back