Fuel Pressure Gauge Help!

shredder383

Hey guys,

I just received some autometer factory match gauges I am installing on my 06. I have all the gauges installed except for the fuel pressure gauge. It is electric and on the end of the wires it has a connection that I assume is to plug into a sensor. The gauge kit came with a sensor which is threaded on one end that looks to screw into somewhere. Problem is I do not know where this sending unit needs to go. I have tried searching all over the place and cannot find any info on it. If anyone can help me out in finding some info on this or has installed one of these before I would greatly appreciate the help! The part # of the kit is 8560 and included a 1/8" NPT sender with part # 4590 i believe. Thanks all!

Ok cool. There was a brass adapter than looks similar to a banjo bolt that came with it. It threads to the sending unit but does not have any holes in the threaded area like the banjo does. Is this part use-able or should I use what you recommended?

What ever the sending unit is needs to be 1/8" NPT male. Not sure what extra stuff you have but as long as there is 1/8" NPT male threads on the sending unit it will work with the banjo bolt (from link above) since its 1/8" NPT female.

Right. I found a similar part in the bag which is the adapter that looks similar to the banjo but without the holes in the threads. I was just curious is this part would work in place of the banjo or do I need to get one? This part came in the kit and was just wondering if it will work or not. Thanks Gibson!

No problem. Post a pic of it. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not familerier with what comes with AutoMeters.

No problem. Post a pic of it. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not familerier with what comes with AutoMeters.

It's a pressure snubber and no it won't work as a banjo bolt. But will prolong gauge sending unit life if you use it

Ryan

So its safe to go ahead and use the snubber that was provided with the kit instead of a banjo bolt? Also I do not know how to get pics to post on here. :/

Ok thats what I have. So from what I take is I can use a banjo bolt to tap into the system to get the pressure and the snubber can be used as well in line with the sending unit to get an accurate reading?