fuel pressure gauge install?

PRINCETON_JAKE

I got the gauge copper tube and hardware, including a tapped banjo bolt from genos garage. I was wondering, looking at the size of the bolt in looks like it goes before the fuel filter, where the line from the lift pump inters the filter housing. Am i right? I thought it went after the filter, where the line leaves the filter housing to go to the injection pump. (where the bleeder screw is) It looks like the tapped banjo bolt i bought is to big to thread in there? I wanted to hook the gauge up after the filter so I know what the injection pump is actually getting for pressure. Does anyone know if I can adapt the gauge line to fit where the bleeder screw is? or do I need to drill and tap that banjo bolt? I also read I might need to install a needle valve if the gauge bounces around? I did a quick search on acouple sights and didnt find anything that helped. Links or pictures would be great. Sorry about the long and confusiong post.

This is on my 92 cummins.

You would get a more accurate reading after the fuel filter. How to do that, idk...

Thats the one i bought. It looked to big so i didnt pull the old one out. Im going to try it later.

The bolts were the same size. I put in the genos garage banjo bolt and got the mechanical gauge hooked up. The fout cross drilled holes in the new bolt are quite a bit bigger, which should help flow more fuel. I also noticed that two of the holes were blocked on the old bolt do to overe tightening it are squezing the rubber washer. After i was done I had to take it for a drive to see what kind of pressure i had, before I install the new piston lift pump. At idle the highest pressure i ever saw was 5.5psi, accelerating it quickly drops. Anything over 3/4 throttle it dropped below 0psi!!! I hope I havent done any damage, I will be installing the new pump as soon as ot shows up.

does the 24v banjo bolt fit the 12v P pumps as well?

The bolts were the same size. I put in the genos garage banjo bolt and got the mechanical gauge hooked up. The fout cross drilled holes in the new bolt are quite a bit bigger, which should help flow more fuel. I also noticed that two of the holes were blocked on the old bolt do to overe tightening it are squezing the rubber washer. After i was done I had to take it for a drive to see what kind of pressure i had, before I install the new piston lift pump. At idle the highest pressure i ever saw was 5.5psi, accelerating it quickly drops. Anything over 3/4 throttle it dropped below 0psi!!! I hope I havent done any damage, I will be installing the new pump as soon as ot shows up.

Kind of scary now knowing what kind of psi your getting. Before you would just jump on it and have a big grin on your face now your constantly watching the guage. I believe this guage is just as important on a first gen as the Pyro.

just don use an isolator. They just make everything harder.

No crap! I ordered a electric gauge and got a mech one with an isolator and decided to bite the bullet and use that setup. What a mistake I'm still
fighting that pos! I'm takin the isolator out For now and will end up buyin a electric one proably....

I got the tractor low pressure piston lift pump in now, it runs about 20 psi. and at wide open throttle 15 psi.

yes, if you put it on the line coming out of the filter housing, the one that goes to the injection pump.