Fuel Pressure gauge

wideopen

Slum Lord
What do you guys recommend? I got a buddy with an 01' and wants a fuel pressure gauge to keep from burning up his Injector Pump.

He said something about a dummy light instead of a guage? Anyone know anything about that?

Westech, easy to hook up, comes with every thing you need, all he will need is a hose from the injector pump to the regulator.

I had a low pressure warning light hooked up, I recently installed a guage and I would much rather have a gauge now . I only have a cobbled up one for right now, but I am looking at buying an ISSPRO 30psi mechanical gauge from Vulcan's website pretty soon.If your looking for more than fuel , they have a 3 gauge with pillar deal on too. Fuel (with isolator) , pyro and boost with everything needed for hook up

Last edited:
Phil, I recommend an F1 Helix II cam, mechanical pump, and NO pressure gauge lol

Mechanical gauge... stay away from westach, or any other electrical sender system for that matter.

JacktheBear3 said:
Mechanical gauge... stay away from westach, or any other electrical sender system for that matter.
Why, I have never had a problem with mine in 3 years, just woundering.

haz-mat19 said:
Why, I have never had a problem with mine in 3 years, just woundering.

Maybe I am biased, people who have issues come to our shop... So I remove more Westach and Electrical Sender gauges than I install.

I guess people who do not have issues don't drive up to show me... so maybe you have a point.

I think Electrical Fuel Pressure gauges leave another layer of issues that can not give you the facts, with the VP scenario you need all the facts you can get. Just my opinion.

One thing I dont like about my electric fp gauge is its affected by pulses in the electrical system like the Grid Heater. I cant tell if its the fuel pressure or the gauge thats surging when it cycles.

smoken02 said:
One thing I dont like about my electric fp gauge is its affected by pulses in the electrical system like the Grid Heater. I cant tell if its the fuel pressure or the gauge thats surging when it cycles.

That is why I like them Mechanical gauges best for tuning the VP44 trucks.

The mechanical gauge reads the same information as an electrical, except you eliminate so many variables. I thinks its the way to go. I used to have just an electrical gauge when I installed my Edge but I quickly installed a set of mechanical guages anyway. I run Dipricol's, I like 'em, they are easy to read and the LED lights match the dash lights.

I run all autometer gauges had them all my cars and trucks never had a prob.

I have always ran a maniacal fuel pressure gauge and have never had a problem. A lot of my buddies have problems with there electric gauges. But I did have to put a needle valve in line to keep the gauge from ticking.

Last edited:
tell me more about a needle valve.... I'm tired of my ticking...

duke1n said:
Phil, I recommend an F1 Helix II cam, mechanical pump, and NO pressure gauge lol

Better check it first. Mine turned out 50 psi at cruise until I put a regulator on there.

LAmiller said:
tell me more about a needle valve.... I'm tired of my ticking...

Its just a cut off. I use a ball valve just barely cracked open for smooth fp readings.