fuel pressure gauge

7.3L Fuel Pressure Adapter

This works for the SD fuel bowl. Im not sure about the OBS fuel bowl though. Check the fuel bowl and see if it has any test ports. These should be a 7/16"-?? threaded plug if it is like the SD one.

You can also drill and tap the plastic fuel bowl cap. just screw your gauge into that.

I was able to find a spot to put the gauge. And boy do i have problems. With the truck idealing i only have 10 psi. When at WOT it drops down and holds about 8. Until i level off and then it goes back to 10. The truck is super super laggy on the bottom end that was the whole reason for me to install the gauge. It doesnt start to pull until around 2500 rpm and even then it doesnt fill that strong. Can a powerstroke even run off of 10 psi. This is a 97 module where talking about also

I was able to find a spot to put the gauge. And boy do i have problems. With the truck idealing i only have 10 psi. When at WOT it drops down and holds about 8. Until i level off and then it goes back to 10. The truck is super super laggy on the bottom end that was the whole reason for me to install the gauge. It doesnt start to pull until around 2500 rpm and even then it doesnt fill that strong. Can a powerstroke even run off of 10 psi. This is a 97 module where talking about also

A Powerstroke will actually run w/ 0 fuel pressure, just not very good.

It would be wise to do an electronic fuel conversion on your truck. There are some write-ups on how to do it on PowerstrokeNation.com .

If you dont want to spend the money, just put a new stock pump back on it. Its really bad on injectors to run them w/ low fuel pressure.

Convert it to electric. It is the best mod you can do for an OBS - in my opinion.

Sam

Back