fuel pressure

strokercuban85

I have djs fuel intensifier and i been having problems with fuel pressure . My pressure is set at 55 and it always drops when i hit the gas i checked the boost reference and everything seems to be working good . need some help thank you .

I have djs fuel intensifier and i been having problems with fuel pressure . My pressure is set at 55 and it always drops when i hit the gas i checked the boost reference and everything seems to be working good . need some help thank you .
Start with your fuel filters and make sure they are good to go. Most likely it's probably your pump getting weak though.

maybe you got the fuel- and not the fuel +
Sounds like you should of been named Captain Negativity.

After you do the fuel filters you can then start checking for a possible restricted fuel pickup. Then, worst case scenario you will be looking for a new pump. The boost refference is needed in gasoline applications where manifold pressure is fighting fuel injectors spraying into the manifold. Our injectors spray into the CYLINDER at upwards of ~26,000PSI. Trying to make the pump run at 60, 70, 80 ,90 or 100 PSI just doesn't make sense. Its not going to produce volume at that pressure.

my filters are 3000 miles old and i just got a new fuel pump. If i take off the boost reference then when i hit the gas it would go down even more. sometimes i get crazy fuel readings like the other day the pressure just went up to like 90 by itself and i had to adjust it again . the fuel pressure is supposed to go up when i boost right ?

The regulator was designed to raise it 1 to 1. But you dont need to do that. If the pressure is dropping then you need a pump to supply more volume. Not just clamp the return to fake it out. Why keep asking the stock pump to do things it was never made to do?

if my pressure is set at 60 and i step on it and it goes to 35 or 40 thats normal? even with a new pump

It will drop because it uses the volume of the fuel that the pump can pump. When volume drops so will pressure. If you want the pressure to maintain. You need to pump more fuel.

If you want to make life easy a cheap simple 95/150 kit or 150/150. Just get extra hose to delete the factory pump. This will allow you to keep the stock pick up tube to eliminate the hassle of the low tank fueling.

I thought I didn't need a fass yet because I still have stock injectors but I guess I do . Thanks for all the info guys

Back