fuel pump?

cbyron

i drive a 05 6.0 psd and on my way home from work yesterday my truck started doing some crazy stuff....egt's jumped and power went way down. got off the highway and truck would barley move, i am using a triple dog so i pulled the program out incase it had to be towed it started back up with a very rough idle (shook the truck) and little to no power i mean 5 mph max. stoped and sat with the hood open for about 20 min while i was on the phone with the dealer. after the 20min it started up and ran fine put the tune back in and all was normal. the dealer told me today it was a bad fuel pump......this sounded kinda odd has anyone had that issue? or can anyone verify thats what a bad fuel pump would do? kinda worried cause i have 96000 miles and would like to have it all fixed before the warranty is gone

i had the same thing happen with my bullydog. there has not been a single related issue isnce i got the SCT. it just went away. i am curious to see what you find out.

If the tuner comes out and the problem goes away then its probably related to the tuner. If the truck only seems to die when it gets hot it may be a heat induced leak in the high pressure system. Truck will refire once it cools and will drive you up a wall.

they made mention that they replaced a fitting on the high pressure oil system inside the engine so that makes sence....if thats the case i will be getting a free fuel pump.

i appreciate the feed back and yes a sct will be on my truck shortly. the only good thing i have to say about the bully dog is the dealer couldnt tell it was there

or they didnt care to mention it to you and fixed the problem anyway since it was a known issue with the 6.0.

Did you happen to hear a ticking noise from the rear of the engine? Thats the sound of the snap to connect fitting rattling its ass off before it leaves you stranded. There is a new fitting and bracket kit to fix the problem.

i heard no ticking......i got the truck back today with the new fitting and bracket mentioned, a new fuel pump, some intercooler piping clamps and a fresh flash with the cold start fix. seems to be running fine so far

Back