fuel shut off solenoid ques

sweetdreamz

Did a few pump mods, M4 pin, power screw 2 turns, 2 clicks on starwheel, smoke screw in. At what point does fuel shut off solenoid become an issue? Any way to avoid the problem?

case pressure spikes it what does it, like ^ said. it will spike when you rev at idle, when the KSB is activated, or after a pull where you come out of the throttle.

i had a case pressure gauge on my VE for a long time and saw some interesting stuff.

You can mill down the length of the rubber element of the FSS's plunger thus making it more durable.

I had almost the exact same mods that you have, just a bit further on the fuel screw though. Brought the rig out with some friends and did a little "hot rodding" and it didn't last. Just make sure to ALWAYS roll out of the throttle easy. If you don't it'll die quick.

What about going to a manual shut off ? A lot of guys just seem to keep replacing solenoids until they get injectors.

What about going to a manual shut off ?
Works just fine if you don't mind having to pull the cable to shut it down. The mechanical fuel shut down lever works in a different manner compared to the electric FSS.

I've run a milled FSS for years with no issues using injectors from DPR 190s up to Scheid 6x016.

I had a manual shut off, worked great. (one less thing to let you down)

Yeah I actually neglected to mention that. I have a manual shutoff too. I went down to AutoZone and picked up an electic to manual choke conversion for about $20. It came with a nice pull cable and mounts and the whole 9 yards. Worked great for making a manual shutoff.

I ran a pull cable with my old pump and when I installed my new pump I hooked it back up. One so I'll already have it if the Fss ever fails again and two because I use it as an anti theft device. If I go out of town or am away from the house for long I always leave it pulled. Truck won't crank and unless you know what to look for you won't figure it out.

I also liked the fss not working that way during the winter if I ran into a gas station or when warming the truck up I could crank it, turn the key off and remove it. Hard to drive a truck with no keys!

Back