fuel shut off solenoid

12Vcummins95

I have to manually push up the fuel shut off solenoid each time I start my truck. does this mean the entire solenoid is bad? or could it just be the fuel shut off relay?

You might wanna check

the blue wire that runs underneath the battery that connects to the solenoid. Solved the problem with mine.

Rick

Mine did that for a while. I wasnt going to play the gremlin game so I bought a decent push/pull cable and it goes right into the cab to the bottom left of the steering wheel. No more fuel shut off problems ever!

-Dustin-

Where did you buy that at?? My quit to but its on my puller so its not that big of a deal

Mine did that for a while. I wasnt going to play the gremlin game so I bought a decent push/pull cable and it goes right into the cab to the bottom left of the steering wheel. No more fuel shut off problems ever!

-Dustin-

I have to manually push up the fuel shut off solenoid each time I start my truck. does this mean the entire solenoid is bad? or could it just be the fuel shut off relay?

Just take it all the way off and run it without one!

Where did you buy that at?? My quit to but its on my puller so its not that big of a deal

U can get them at any local tractor supply or automotive house, its just a pull stop cable pretty much a choke cable.

I took the rubber boot off of mine and cleaned the shaft and inside the cylinder with brake clean then ran a towel in and out a couple times.. Put some dielectric grease on the shaft and put it back together.. No problems so far..