Fuel system regulator

jambbii

milk
I am in the process of piece my fuel system together right now. I am going to run an a1000 for sure but I don't want to run it all the time. Here is my question, would I be able to get rid of the overflow valve all together and just use a single regulator for my factory pump and a1000? Would an aeromotive regulator be able to take the abuse of the pulses from my factory pump? I have read how reliable just an aeromotive pump is but I would like to take extra precaution, especially when I am running around in the middle of the desert.

Thanks,

Josh

If I was building a fuel system, I would put a boost reference regulator on the feed side, and no over flow valve, instead a restriction in the return line. Taking a nitrous jet and fitting would give you easy adjustability of the return flow.

Smokem, I am trying to figure out how to use the stock pump too. Jim is doing my original plan with the a1000 but now I really would like to try and keep that stocker in there....

That is exactly what I was thinking but getting rid of the overflow valve is what is my main concern. You think a regulator could take the pulsing of the stock fuel pump?

Jambbii, can you give a little detail as to why you want to eliminate the overflow valve. Thanks.

Most of the sled pullers here use a regulator on the return side. I plan on eliminating the $$ overflow valve and adding functionality by using a regulator.

brandon.

Basically your overflow valve right now is the only thing regulating your fuel pressure. I want to get rid of it because I need the adjust ability of a regulator and I am not sure how the overflow valve would like the massive amount of fuel that I would be shoving through it.

Smokem, thats what I needed to know. I think the system is going to work out pretty nice and say my aeromotive ever dies in the middle of the desert I wont be stranded :)

make sure the a-1000 you are using has a build date of 09/06 or newer. aeromotive changed the seals to work better with diesel. also you can get a steel fitting for the p-7100 pump that is 12mm x 1.5 to 8an then drill it out to get max I.D. by the way aeromotive only recommends using the black A-1000 (marine) on diesel applications. they will not warranty any red A-1000's
that have had diesel in them..

scot

Any Plumbing store that carries Parker or JIC fittings should be able to get you the fittings. Look for where you would get hyd. lines made for equipment.

oil-burner said:
make sure the a-1000 you are using has a build date of 09/06 or newer. aeromotive changed the seals to work better with diesel. also you can get a steel fitting for the p-7100 pump that is 12mm x 1.5 to 8an then drill it out to get max I.D. by the way aeromotive only recommends using the black A-1000 (marine) on diesel applications. they will not warranty any red A-1000's
that have had diesel in them..

scot
Dang :bang thanks for that heads up now I gotta check mine..... where the date info found???:poke:

JerrodGlover said:
Any Plumbing store that carries Parker or JIC fittings should be able to get you the fittings. Look for where you would get hyd. lines made for equipment.

I'll have to look through our books...we haven't got into the metric fittings much yet, but I should be able to order myself one I guess!

Thanks,
Chris

Smokem said:
Let me know if you need any specs on the secondary fuel line fitting size. The AN fittings really do not have enough room to run much larger than a -6AN, but BAT carries a -10AN metric banjo bolt that would work well.

What is BAT fittings?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back