Fuel system

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Here is my predicament, my dad want mh out of his CR, i told him no until he has a fuel system. I started looking and have noticed several things.

1. To do a complete glacier system with everything they have is almost 1k. (bigline kit, system, filters, ect)
2. A fass system can be had for about 650.
3. I could probably fab up my own system using a a1000 aeromotive pump.

so...........

Which is better? and can i still be streetable with the 80 psi i could see with the aeromotive home built system?

It's a toss up on which one to use. Your gonna get people from every camp telling you their's is better because of this and blah blah blah. In the end it all comes down to what you want. Personally, I like the idea of the fass removing air from the system and having it's own water seperator. But that's just MY .02. Someone else will come on here and say they like the walbro because it's barely having to work to push the little pressure our motor's are needing. Another will come on here and say the aeromotive is the best because it's so big and massive and moves 10x (just a number I picked out of the air guys, not a factual number) the fuel the other one's do.

I see no reason to run 80psi of pressure until you get into big cp3's or dual cp3's and lots of fuel. I'd say keep it around 20-40psi and you'll be fine.

Buddy of mine runs a gettho set of a Ebay holley blue on his 03. It has dynoed 460hp at the tires with TST stacked on a quad pressure box. The pressure drags down more than I would like it but it has more fuel than the stock turbo can clean up. I am not sold on super highlift pump pressures. The CP3 has an internal bypass so unless that will addressed or you will not gain much IMHO. As long as your lift can keep postive pressure to your CP3 you should be fine.

inline6359

Did you talk to Cooper? He can probably help as he is a goat roper know!:hehe:

LOL trust me once i get it figured out larry and pat will be getting a call. I am williamsport at school so i ahve to find out what i can and get it ordered so i can do the leg work when i get home.

I am still learning about the CR and it seems to me that i will just eliminate the entire fuel system and lift pump. Such as new tank vent tube, new pickup tube, new lift pump, filter/seperators, fuel pump, larger delivery lines, dual feed line, and a big line kit. Ultimatly the only way i want to come back the the fuel system is for a cp3 upgrade or a second cp3.

inline6359 said:
LOL trust me once i get it figured out larry and pat will be getting a call. I am williamsport at school so i ahve to find out what i can and get it ordered so i can do the leg work when i get home.

I am still learning about the CR and it seems to me that i will just eliminate the entire fuel system and lift pump. Such as new tank vent tube, new pickup tube, new lift pump, filter/seperators, fuel pump, larger delivery lines, dual feed line, and a big line kit. Ultimatly the only way i want to come back the the fuel system is for a cp3 upgrade or a second cp3.

You don't have to get that wild with the fuel system on the CR. A Walbro, second filter head with a 2 micron filter, a regulator, and a little creativity will work fine for 500-600hp, or more. I have less than $350 in my entire fuel system.

Thats just it, i have no idea where the truck will stop. My dad is the kind of man who wants to do it once and right the first time. I would like to have a system that can support 800, though we may only hit 6 i want that little extra.

Ultimatly what do i need for an 800hp system? Is the draw straw, vent line, return line, supply lines all okay?

What is a stock cp3 good for without straining it?

I'd say just a draw straw, pump, filtering. Simple and will work fine.