Fuel system

06f250sd

Poluter
I started piecing together my fuel system a month or so ago, just collecting parts and changing my mind a couple times. I run the Fass 95/150 so I am still using my stock pump; I will not be using an aftermarket regulator. I'm bored so here are some pics, obviously these aren't all the parts, the others are out in the garage.
This weekend I will be installing everything, I am running -6 lines to the front of the heads. I will probably end up tying the back of the heads together with some more -6 down the road, I just need to figure out of I want to use the banjo's (I will use the plated steel bolts if I do) or if I have the room I will put the 90's in the back of the heads as well. As you'll notice I used stainless wrapped teflon lines with black anodized fittings for a different look. My Dipricol fuel pressure gauge and steering column mount should be here so I will get pics of that also.

If anyone is interested in a fixed orifice, check out http://www.kinsler.com/page--Constant-Flow--14.html (their website isn't the best) but you can get an idea of what they are using. Adjusting seems pretty easy; all you need to do is change out the jets.

Attachments

• DSC00610.jpg
    DSC00610.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00611.jpg
    DSC00611.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
not bad. are you going to run the lines from the fuel bowl to the front of the heads only?

Garrett

So far yes, since it regulates the pressure. I will have my fuel pressure gauge hooked up this weekend to see what it is actually putting out. I will probably tie the back of the heads together if I can get my mitts back in there. I was also looking at enlarging the supply line from the stock pump to the fuel bowl. I would toss the stock system but I only have the Fass 95/150 so I am stuck with using the stock pump.

If you want to use stainless steel line in the back of the heads, let us know. We make a do it yourself kit that includes the Stainless Steel hard lines, stainless steel banjo's, two intake manifold bolts and two clamps.

I wouldn't recomend using a line that isn't rated for the heat that the up-pipes put out. The last thing you want is a leak next to a heat source, imo.

Kit looks good.

If you want to use stainless steel line in the back of the heads, let us know. We make a do it yourself kit that includes the Stainless Steel hard lines, stainless steel banjo's, two intake manifold bolts and two clamps.

I wouldn't recomend using a line that isn't rated for the heat that the up-pipes put out. The last thing you want is a leak next to a heat source, imo.

Kit looks good.

Thanks, could you pm me a price on your kit? Is there a reason to even run a fixed orifice for my setup since my fass is returning fuel and so is my fuel bowl? Do you think I am better off just tying the back of the heads together and running it?
Thanks
-Jason

Kit looks good.

What is the heat/temp rating of the lines you are selling?

Thanks, could you pm me a price on your kit? Is there a reason to even run a fixed orifice for my setup since my fass is returning fuel and so is my fuel bowl? Do you think I am better off just tying the back of the heads together and running it?
Thanks
-Jason

Something to keep in mind, you FASS may be regulated, but it is feeding a non-regulated fuel pump. So, your system needs a regulator, not a fixed orifice.

For your application, unless you go to a full flow regulated return system, there is no need to do anything else in the back of the heads except connect them. This will help equalize fuel pressure and extend injector life.

What is the heat/temp rating of the lines you are selling?

Honestly I don't know off the top of my head. I would have to look it up. It has been quite a while since we tested and designed these. The tubes are 316 stainless steel; the banjos are 316 or 304 depending on the batch. The tubes are silver soldered together, which makes for a strong seal.

We have quite a few people running these lines with EGT's between 1600 and 2000 degrees and have not experienced any issues. The lines come with a 50 year warranty.

i used stainless braided on the back of my heads and they are fine. i wrapped them with this http://www.thermotec.com/thermo-sleeve.htmland then wrapped another foot or 2 up from the bottom with this http://www.thermotec.com/thermo-shield.html.

before the tape
DSCN2778.jpg

DSCN2776.jpg

tho if i could do it again and TP was around, i would have used their hard lines. even tho im gettin rid of my 6.0 i might get their hard lines just because.

Garrett

So far, I plan on going with trusted performance's rear lines, they are very clean, will handle the heat and will give me options down the road.

Trusted I've already got a setup similar to your front line kit. I've been thinking about connecting the rear of the heads and I've heard alot of people talk highly about your rear hard lines. Can you just buy the hard lines and banjo's? PM a price please if you do.

Thanks

i used stainless braided on the back of my heads and they are fine. i wrapped them with this http://www.thermotec.com/thermo-sleeve.htmland then wrapped another foot or 2 up from the bottom with this http://www.thermotec.com/thermo-shield.html.

One of our supplies makes lines like this. They require 1" air gap to work right. There isn't 1" of room between the hose and y-pipe

tho if i could do it again and TP was around, i would have used their hard lines. even tho im gettin rid of my 6.0 i might get their hard lines just because.

Garrett

Thanks!

One of our supplies makes lines like this. They require 1" air gap to work right. There isn't 1" of room between the hose and y-pipe

Thanks!

yeah, they seem to be fine so far.

ill definitely contact you when i need the hard lines. or, when i can afford them. :doh:

Garrett

I would toss the stock system but I only have the Fass 95/150 so I am stuck with using the stock pump.
I run a 95/150 without a stock pump and it runs GREAT! Doug actually ran this pump standalone with 200cc injectors and made over 600 hp on spray.

So you bypassed the stock pump, what are you using for a return? What kind of psi are you getting? Shoot me a pm if you'd like.
Thanks

Right now I run an AD-150 feeding the stock pump with 180's and I was really suprised, fuel pressure stays at 58psi and it only drops to 56psi with my kill tune under full throttle.

Back