fuel systems

dieselgas-03

Equipment repair tech
i am looking into geting a fuesl system for my truck but not sure what or who to go with i am going to do a complet system as i get money but not sure where or who i should start with not really sure who makes kits other than elite would like to hear any suggestions or what others are runningand if your happy with it thanks for any help

That are you planning on doing to your truck?

How large of injectors do you plan on going with?

well for now going to stay stock but probly not more then 100 horse or like a stage two i would say still want to be drivable with no issues

Yeah and Airdog II is ideal for someone looking for what your doing. If you want to go bigger and what have you then you will need to get some upgradd fuel lines and add a crossover system.

When you say fuel system, do you mean lines, pumps, or both? It all depends upon what your future plans entail for the truck.

I would upgrade the lines to the front of the cylinder heads now (http://www.trustedperformance.com/stageI.html ). The factory fuel lines are very restrictive and under high demands can starve the injectors. Then when you add programmers and other power adders, you are just increasing that demand higher than what the factory designed the system for.

Then when you get ready to upgrade your injectors, add a fuel pressure gauge and watch the fuel pressure closely. As long as it isn't dropping you are fine. 100 horsepower injectors are around 155cc's. The factory fuel pump should be able to support that without any issues. That being said, fuel pumps weaken over time and it is always a good idea to watch your fuel pressure.

If you find it is dropping more than 5 psi, you may have an issue. 10 or more, the fuel pump needs to be upgraded/replaced.

If you plan on possibly going with larger injectors down the road, using a stand alone system like an AirDog II or FASS would be a good idea. If not, you may only need/want to add a pusher pump to keep the factory fuel pump feed. It depends on your long term goals and plans for the truck.

thanks for all the input i am looking to do line pumps all of it over time including injectors and at some point may go to larg injectors for now will stay stock and then go to 155 ccs or something like that vbut as is with just my chip i am running out of fuel once again thanks

I thought we already decided that the lines aren't the problem and that if you drill out the banjo bolt that factory lines will still provide enough fuel for even 190's?

well we may have thats why i am asking i have an idea of what needs to be done for more fuel just looking to see what others are using and has been working for them

I have honestly got to say you cannot go wrong with trusted`s system if it be stage 1 or 2.....I run stages 1-3 and love it it works flawless!!