Fueling maps affected by air and coolant temps?

metal_miner

Are fueling and injection timing maps affected by air and coolant temps?

I'm trying to solve an intermittent white smoke problem (only happened twice). My truck has recently rebuilt injectors (F1), new connector tubes, new injection lines, torque specs followed to the letter, rebuilt turbos, new filters (fuel and oil) - all with ~500 miles on them. I have the following observations:

-no missing
-no gains in oil level
-truck pulls strong
-no white smoke at idle

Common conditions for both instances:

-white smoke very intermittently appears when accelerating until ~2000 rpm
-truck first time (Saturday) sat for two hours before starting and second time (today) idled for 5 minutes. With Opie coolant bypass, I've noticed that the water temps drop quicker at idle than pre-coolant bypass installation.
-first time outside air temp ~15 degrees F; second time outside air temp ~28 degrees F.
-Smarty TNT/R #7 installed with TST PMCR hooked up, but on 0x0

Note that when TST on 0x0 I can still get the typical TST codes and 1100 rpm miss.

Since the second time, I bypassed the TST with their bypass plug and haven't been able to repeat the issue with the only difference is that outside temperatures are now slightly above freezing.

I have no radiator cover installed.

I'm wondering that if the coolant temps drop too much that the ECM will start pulling data from a different fueling map? Then when this combines with the TST and aggressive TNT/R, we get weird stuff going on?

Ever since I bypassed the TST I haven't had this issue anymore, but I can't say with 100% certainty that the TST was at fault.

I forgot to mention in my original post that prior to the injector swap I was running TST + VA C3.1 for a little bit of pressure and boost fooling. Because of the injector issues I decided to remove the VA C3.1 and replace its boost fooling with a Quad boost fooler. Then about a week after I bypassed the TST without any white smoke issues, I removed the Quad boost fooler and replaced the boost fooling duties with a Edge EZ.

Since I had limited run-time with the TST bypassed before removing the Quad boost fooler, I think that:

a) it was entirely a TST issue OR
b) Quad boost fooler doesn't play well with others

I'm leaning more towards the TST since this is the second time for me with a TST box after a similar issue 3 years ago... for some reason it doesn't play well with my truck, whether it's on there as a standalone unit or stacked.

No issues whatsoever with Smarty TNT/R + EZ combo.

My truck did weird stuff on the TST even when running stock pump and injectors. Unhooked the rail sensor and no more issues. Its a weird lil creature.