Full manual vb 47re

DieselP

Every gear and lockup work except 4th. Having issues seems like it engages then disengages??? It's on a toggle switch right with lockup. Just rebuilt it all new pressures are all good as well
CompD Mobile Device

4th = OD
You said you have an OD switch. Sounds like you might not have a good enough ground for it. I'd start there.

CompD Mobile Device

Yes two switches the lock up works great but the other doesent. I will start at the grounds thank you, they are both grounded to the same spot is what confuses me
CompD Mobile Device

Ok, but since you are having issues with OD you need the check the port on the drivers side above the Trans line

Ok I will do that, may be a dumb question but if the pressure was low there would I not have more issues than just 4th??
CompD Mobile Device

You will only see pressure there when in OD. No pressure means its not actually engaging OD in the vb

The trans has no controller, I was a 5speed. Just a 12v reference for vb and two toggles for lockup and 4th
CompD Mobile Device

Where did you ground the switch to?

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

really? I hadn't heard that. I thought if it was grounded, it would always go to OD when you throw the switch and act normal when not.

Correct but in mine it would come on way earlier then I wanted in "normal" so I cut it loose so that it takes the pcm out of the equation.

Who did the valve body and what kit. Because I had the same problem and bought another valve body and did it a diff way and it was all fixed then expensive trial and error. Pm me and I'll send you my number and I can explain it.

Correct but in mine it would come on way earlier then I wanted in "normal" so I cut it loose so that it takes the pcm out of the equation.

hmmm Mine does that too a bit but I think it just feels that way because of the 37's and it changing my end ratio. I bet with stock sized tires, I'd be fine. I wonder if there is a way to reprogram the PCM, or change it a little?