fummins help

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
As you all know i rolled my last fummins. I am know looking to build another. I came across a 2000 f250 Harley Davidson with only 100k on the clock. My original fummins was a 5.4 and i dropped in the 12v. My question is it hard to wire in a 12v to a powerstroke harness. I know you need temps oil ect. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams and witch sensors you have to use. Thank you

O ya they only want 8k for the truck. I really don't want to miss this help would be much appreciated .

Did they make a 2001 F-250 HD truck? I thought they started in 05 for the superduties?

As you all know i rolled my last fummins. I am know looking to build another. I came across a 2000 f250 Harley Davidson with only 100k on the clock. My original fummins was a 5.4 and i dropped in the 12v. My question is it hard to wire in a 12v to a powerstroke harness. I know you need temps oil ect. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams and witch sensors you have to use. Thank you

O ya they only want 8k for the truck. I really don't want to miss this help would be much appreciated .

Its very easy!

Just keep your coolant temp sensor, your oil pressure sensor. You'll also need to wire up your tach and AC..

I looked it up.. the harley trucks didnt come alone till 2004.. buyer beware

Yes they did cause im looking at a 2000HD. Not to worried about AC but i think the rest of the gauges will be easy. Also to start it do you just go off the starter relay on the passenger fender the 12v starter. Could i get a little more help on the tach. I know i got everything to do it. Do you just pull out the gauge cluster and trace the wire.

I have not hooked up my tach yet in my truck but from what I understand is you use the wires that went to the cam sensor in the 7.3. There should be three wires Ground, +5v, and the signal wire. Dont quote me 100% maybe some one that has wired it up before could help out. The rest of the wiring is very simple retain the water temp, oil press,alt light wires, and the cam sensor wires. The ac harness is stand alone from the engine wiring harness. Retain all the 7.3 senders Oil pressure and water temp. Were you running the ford alt in you your last setup?

Last edited:
yes you can run everything and not take out the dash cluster as they said use ford gauge senders the tach is run off the CPS. everything works on my truck w/ org switchs A/C, CC, all gauges and I run the starter off the stock ford relay :Cheer:

yes you can run everything and not take out the dash cluster as they said use ford gauge senders the tach is run off the CPS. everything works on my truck w/ org switchs A/C, CC, all gauges and I run the starter off the stock ford relay :Cheer:

Ok that sounds easy. Just wanted to make shore. Thanks alot you guys have been alot of help. Would u happen the parts number on the fitting to hook up Cummins to the ford AC

I used the dodge lines that come out of the compressor and had a guy in town crimp new hoses to them then crimp the ford lines that went to the filter/dryer and condenser. The high side pressure switch fitting it already in the dodge line set I just took the sensor out of the ford line set and threaded it onto the new lines. It cost me $150 but this guy did a perfect job and I've had the ac system together for 9 months now and hasn't leaked at all.

That is awsome great work bro. Ok one more time here let me make shore i am doing this right. Ok use all cummins sensors and splice into the ford harness were they would normaly be for a powerstroke. oil water alternater and one more. Plus the tach but you just cut off the ford sensor and go to the cummins one. I have a stand alone computer for the trans so that's no prob. Also one more time you wire up the starter relay to the little wire to the starter witch engages the starter when you turn the key. Thanks again. Sry so many questions

Negative.

Use the ford sensors. But if you are keeping your truck, just unplug the harness and PCM and swap it over. That would be the easy thing.

^He knows his sh*t and yea they never made one in 2000 so dont let that sway ya on price

ok

Negative.

Use the ford sensors. But if you are keeping your truck, just unplug the harness and PCM and swap it over. That would be the easy thing.

The last fummins was a 5.4 to 12v swap. Can i still unplug the harness and pcm and swap

Back