Fummins manual to auto swap

collinmaune

I have a 2000 f-250 that I put a 12 valve twin turboed motor in. Right now Im running the ZF6 but im wanting to switch to a auto. Ive done a little reading about this but would like to know what the best options are. Im fine with having a manual valve body, would it be better to put a 47re or 48re or 5110 trans in the truck to bolt up to the 12 valve also what converter would be the best choice with the twin set up of hx35 over s400 series turbo it has 5x16 injectors as well so it spools very quick

Does to your zf6 adapter plate bolt right up to 5r110? If so that is a plus if not..... Do you still have a ford TCM to control it? AUTOs are nice but a huge money pit for us compared to a stick. My budy always convinces me the money is better spent on improving the rest of the truck.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

I ended up going with a nv4500 i pulled out the zf6 my question now is what hydros are the way to go. I read on here the other day to run all of the ford stuff and just put a jeep slave cylinder on the trans or I might have that mixed up I cant seem to find the thread anymore. I ended up going with the nv4500 because I was able to get one completely rebuilt with bellhousing and adapter for 1000 along with the 1 3/8 input shaft. So the clutch I'm running is the same setup.